cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Requested to Hold Shipping 1 Week, Which I did... Now, How to....?

Here's my problem: 

A couple weeks ago I sold 3 items to a buyer. He requested that I hold them and ship them all on Oct 31 as he would be out of town until then. No problem, I've done that before. I packaged his order w/combined shipping, labeled it and held until 10/31. 

As one would expect, since I have 1 day shipping, eBay gave me 3 late ship "dings" on on-time shipping metric. In the PAST this was not a problem. I have done this before - last time a bit over a year ago - and I was able to go into my seller dashboard and find where I could send transaction details in to eBay with reason for late ship, I think they read the messages and removed the ding and restored my 100% on-time. It was easy.

NOW today, after a half hour of searching I cannot find where I can request removal. I found it soooo easy a year or so ago, and before that.

MY QUESTION IS: Where do I find where I can make request to fix my rating for these transactions?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Just a quick update:

I am pretty sure that in the past - a year or so ago - I found the link to "fix" this late ship problem in the highlighted area. I may be wrong.   BUT if this is true, it looks like now my only recourse is to bother and beg my buyer to enter feedback for me indicating that I shipped on time.   This negates what I did, which was to make sure in every message with the buyer that I stated exactly what he wanted me to do, up to and including my message to him on 10/31 stating that I was shipping his items on that day as previously requested blah blah and so forth, and his reply back once again thanking me for my trouble. 

So... IS there still a link where I can request eBay change this, AS I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST, or is that now gone?

Late Ship Report 2.JPG

Late Ship Report.JPG

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Here is the link in help center to see the reasons you can appeal/where to appeal if the defects aren't automatically removed. Based on reasons listed for an appeal it doesn't appear you can based on what you posted but again check the list for automatic removal and I don't think it would hurt to appeal. BTW your buyer leaving you feedback, outside of an/in the appeal, wouldn't do any good. 

Appeal a defect | eBay

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that link!  As I said, I have appealed this very same defect a couple times before in the last 2 year but not since sometime in 2021, and was successful. The messages where the buyer requested it were, I think, the deciding evidence. 

At any rate, thanks, and i will come back and report the result. I probably won't make the appeal until after the weekend as I've found a difference in "customer service", should a human be involved, to differ from weekend to weekday.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@tdrake wrote:

Thanks for that link!  As I said, I have appealed this very same defect a couple times before in the last 2 year but not since sometime in 2021, and was successful. The messages where the buyer requested it were, I think, the deciding evidence. 

At any rate, thanks, and i will come back and report the result. I probably won't make the appeal until after the weekend as I've found a difference in "customer service", should a human be involved, to differ from weekend to weekday.

I appealed the late shipping defect, using the a link off that CS link,  and it was indeed removed. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just for the record. I usually tell customers that they can always have their mail held at their local PO to avoid having to appeal these defects.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well that’s good. Usually it’s like an act of God to get them off.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply