cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business is Slow

This is the worst month I have ever had. What is going on? Are other sellers experiencing the same? 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Business is Slow

Hello.  YES!   I've had **3** sales in December.  Worst year ending with the very worst month in 21+ years!  A few local sales & an online auction house have been the only thing keeping food on my table.  I sold $825 this week.  $35 was on eBay.  Last week?  $30 but I had to refund $35 for INR.  eBay & the inflated postal system (US & Canada) cannot be relied upon to get the job done.  Just like food products - pay more for less.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

If you are doing a business then You must know that you can face ups & down, this is the beauty of business....

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

I was anticipating a slow month after reading the boards so am just thankful for the few sales I've received this month.  My profit margin for this month has been the lowest so far. 

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Yes. Last 30 days been slowest I've had this year. I expected it to slow down. Taking this time to edit listings, etc. and get ready for 2023.  

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

This is the worst November and December I have ever encountered. 5 sales in the last 31 days with a total revenue of $135.09. Something is broken with this platform and needs to be fixed. I have been selling for over 18 years and I have never seen anything like this. It seems that every year it keeps getting worse and worse.

Good Luck everyone.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

It's like that on most sites...thought it was the economy but stores are packed...I think it has something to do with shipping last Christmas and how slow it was.....

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

same here. I have ended a lot of listings and am planning to relist a bunch of them into a large package deal.

Maybe ten individual items that are of a related subject and see if that might work. It should really reduce the shipping charges.

I believe most of my items are most likely not popular any more such as sport cards related to Nascar. 

Hopefully it will get better next year.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Will the month of January be any better? Or will it get worse??

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Not Trying To Insult Or Be Rude At All, But You Do Have A Lot Of Pre-Owned Shoes Which Are Not The Most Desirable Christmas Gift, Hopefully After The Holidays You Will Pick Up Again!

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

@shashedevind0 

Usually January is pretty slow. I know last year I had only 2 sales on Ebay.  More so on other sites that I sell my items.

It just depends on what you're selling.  Like I have stated before,  lots of people get Ebay gift cards and will continue to buy into the new year and beyond.

Hope sales are going good.  

Have a great day. 

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Thank you very much mate...noted...I will try my very best with the products 🖤

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

This is the worst November and December I have ever encountered. 5 sales in the last 31 days with a total revenue of $135.09. Something is broken with this platform and needs to be fixed. I have been selling for over 18 years and I have never seen anything like this. It seems that every year it keeps getting worse and worse.

Good Luck everyone.

Seriously - and please don’t take offense - but if every year is worse than the last, then maybe you aren’t keeping up with the times.  

what worked 18 years ago won’t garner the same results today.  It is not an eBay problem.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

HI!

I am killing it on other sites😊

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

As one who has never expected what worked last year, last month, or even last week to continue into the future either on ebay or when I had a brick and mortar store - I don't believe that what is happening to many ebay sellers today is due to anything but ebay manipulation of search which began in earnest with promoted listings and has gotten increasingly worse ever since.    And yes sellers who have jumped on the promoted listings train along with free shipping, free returns, higher priced items, and their own repeat customer base have been less impacted than those who have not. 

Message 15 of 44
latest reply