cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busiest Week of the Year - Ebay Dead - AZ on Fire - What Happened?

I'm packing an AZ order every 15 minutes & a .www order every couple of hrs.  All the while I've had (3) eBay sales in 72 hrs.  Last year, it was the opposite, my eBay sales were double of my AZ sales & 4 x my .www sales.   This is not the economy or (place reason here), there is something seriously wrong with this selling platform.

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Last few days, I've received all kinds of emails from Amazon about their specials and not a single thing from Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 93
latest reply

What was wrong with AZ last year?

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

Some suggest that eBay tweaking of the search AI has resulted in issues.

I cannot confirm, nor can I deny if that is part of the issue.

Message 4 of 93
latest reply

People complained eBay wasn't advertising themselves on commercials and such.

Not a day goes by that I don't hear EBay Motors commercials on the radio, and last night I saw a commercial on TV for the Authenticity Guarantee program

However, had I not been an active EBay member, I would not have understood the commercial at all, I feel they completely missed the point of educating the consumer, they just used it as more of a reminder to those who already know what it is. (there is a time and place for those commercials) I feel it needs to actually be EXPLAINED.

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

Ditto....Me too.

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

Well, according to the surveys I ran on my FB and Twitter accounts, everyone seems to go to Amazon to purchase new items. Even my brother who hates online shopping goes there. I seriously just shared new items I have on my personal FB page and 2 people are interested and neither will shop on an ebay store.  One is literally next door and the other not far, but still. They will not come to this site. Very weird. 

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

I literally get 100+ eBay emails per day ... it's 5:26 pm and I counted over 110 emails from eBay since midnight...

I get way too many freaking eBay emails (your bid is winning, you were outbid, an item got away, please pay for your item, order confirmed, your order shipped, your order delivered, you made a sale, you got paid, you got a message, make these recommended changes to your listing, XX items are ending soon,)

I'm not sure how many if any eBay emails are trying to advertise to me, I delete too many of them they all look the same and blend together LOL

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

Wish I knew, my sales are slow but the last 3 days, they have tanked, if mail ran yesterday, there would have been nothing to put in the box. I know the search engine is messed up for the last couple weeks, I go to research an item and come up with items that are not even close.

Message 9 of 93
latest reply

@jettshutt wrote:

This is not the economy or (place reason here), there is something seriously wrong with this selling platform.

Do you think people want to buy your items on ebay but ebay is somehow preventing them from doing so?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 93
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

I literally get 100+ eBay emails per day ... it's 5:26 pm and I counted over 110 emails from eBay since midnight...

I just realized ... I really need to go in and adjust my ebay email settings... so they stop bugging me...

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG. You think you feel bad? I've sold over l,000 items on  here over the last 20 years with l00% feedback, including in a saturated market of jewelry. NOW since August6, of this year I have had TWO sales. Unreal. I have  called c.s. 3x - First rep said "not normal", reporting your issue to IT dept. 2nd rep one week later, said last rep did NOT write a report to I.T., but I will. Here is case #-call back in few days. 3rd rep two days ago, said NO ANSWER on your case yet. Agree,not normal, something wrong. Maybe a  "glitch"?!, said the rep. NO GLITCH on my end. I said "I am loyal to eBay and love it for20 years but if someone does not get back to me with a "fix", I will take all my non-sterling & post on Amazon, as I will not pay fees for zero sales. "I understand",she said. Not the reps fault-they don't really know what is happening, unless my account is flagged for an unknown reason & they are not permitted to say. I follow all rules, so can't imagine any reason to flag my account. ANY SUGGESTIONS? iT is NOT the economy, or my listings or prices, so how is it possible to have 355 listings, not generating more than two sales since August? I am making sales offline as normal. ONLY STOPPAGE is HERE.Any suggestions from you are very welcome. IS IT JUST eBay's cleansing the house of smaller sellers or what? Thank you for your replies. pauli

Message 12 of 93
latest reply

I was gonna say... I have everything turned off so I only occasionally get the "improve your listings" message.

Why they need to do this same unnecessary spam for YEARS I just don't know...

Message 13 of 93
latest reply

@annadryl wrote:

I was gonna say... I have everything turned off so I only occasionally get the "improve your listings" message.

Why they need to do this same unnecessary spam for YEARS I just don't know...

I turned off tons of notification emails just now, including the dreaded "improve your listings" emails.

I also opted to turn off some notifications in app because I get ridiculous #s of app notifis... (although they are not specific w/ app notifs, they have general categories for notifs w/o much breakdown which is really disappointing, I turned off one thing that encompasses "updates on auctions I am participating" whereas they have separate "outbid", "winning", "won" emails notif options.).

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

They are preferring amazon for you this week. That is probably all it is.

Message 15 of 93
latest reply