cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back The Old Markdown Manager

I just want to be another voice to let eBay know how much the change in markdown manager is hurting us. I have been unable to put anything on sale for the past 2 days and my sales are literally in the dumps when I was used to making around $200 every day. This is absolutely devastating for us and I'm sure it is the same for many other families that rely on eBay to make a living. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK. Since the change I have sold nothing and received no offers on any of my Buy It Now items. I am only selling things on auction. Do I change everything to auction? Well I don't have much time because rent is due and auctions take 5 days, and people don't always pay right away. I have also been lowering prices but it's not helping. I'm not just writing to complain about my particular situation, I'm writing because I know there are many other people in the same situation as me. Many people are wondering if eBay is literally trying to drive its sellers away. Is eBay trying to starve us? I absolutely hate the idea of the 14-day rule, it takes so much power out of the seller's hands. We alread complied with "free returns", now this? I've been with eBay for 10 years, if I had the money and the means I'd jump ship because of this change. But instead I'm just clinging on for dear life hoping I don't end up homeless next week. Please for the love of God bring back the old markdown manager and let us put sales on so that we can eat this summer.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Bring Back The Old Markdown Manager

Re: Markdown Manager update means no sales for 14 days
in reply to 07-04-2018 07:48:59 AM
brian.t@ebay

I'm happy to let everyone know that because of the feedback we heard from members of the Community, we no longer require 14 days after an item is removed from a markdown sale before it can be placed on sale again. Please go here for more information Smiley Happy

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

Message 13 of 15

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

That's so great to hear/read, thank you !!!!!!
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

agree - i want the old markdown manager!

yeah....seems ebay wants to do what they want to do - not do what the sellers want!!

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

But you still have to wait 14 Days before you can put an item on sale. I still think that's an extremely long time to wait to put an item on sale. This is only a partial victory but they'll learn only if sales decline.
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

No idea. It sucks for us too. My wife was reading over my shoulder and just said, does that say "yoga and freckles".  Then i saw youre young and reckless, riculousness drama.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

i feel your pain. i don't mind returns but i will not pay shipping, buyers know all they have to do is say it smells or wrong description and FREE RETURN !
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Agree fully...what has ebay done to our sales...I don't need a promotion manager...I like to manage my own business by saling what I want when I want.  The old markdown manager was so easy to use and the new one isn't worth the effort....So sad...Called today but the gal I talked to had trouble with English and didn't have a clue as to what Markdown manager is....

Message 37 of 37
latest reply