cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked payouts for no reason

I have a good account, have been selling on ebay for years.

3 Months ago June 28th I received a notice saying I needed to update my contact information, I provided everything and even confirmed with Ebay agent that the info provided was ok.  And then the nightmare started. Initially the hold was supposed to be 6 business days while they review the information. I waited 6 business days and contacted them again, they unlock my payout saying I will receive it a few days later but it got blocked again right away the block message is Your payouts are blocked while we review your account. This is a routine process to keep your account safe and takes up to 6 business days to complete. We’ll email you if we need more info. . I escalated the issue to supervisor in order to understand what was wrong, they told me they have a technical issue and escalated the case to a specialized team. It's been 3 months now and no one is giving me proper update, they only keep saying Sure, i will escalate the issue, you will receive feedback in 24-48 hours  which is not true, no one is keeping me updated  Or they tell me that the hold is new and started the day before I contact them. It has been 3 months now and my situation has not been fixed. They just keep saying the same thing over and over without giving proper information on how to fix this issue. They even told me that it was a technical issue but it never got fixed. I don't know what to do anymore. I contact them by phone requesting supervisor but it is still the same ending. I feel like I am stuck in an automated process that goes no where. I need my funds. My last payout was May 31st. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Wow, thats crazy

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

you will receive feedback in 24-48 hours  which is not true,

@miningcave 

Often times that "24-48 hour" thing appears to be a code phrase for "never".   It appears you are contacting the regular customer support that is outsourced to other countries, and has no authority to help you anyway. 

If I were you, I would include my eBay ID and copy the entire post you just wrote above and paste it in the box produced by using the blue message button near the top of the page here:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

If they refuse to help you and direct you to the "payments team" be sure to ask for instructions or a direct link so you don't have to deal with the same  non-helpful entity that you have been using.  

or

Use this link:  

https://twitter.com/askebay

It appears that eBay is allowing you to SELL, but just won't allow you to have any money?  If you do not get a satisfactory outcome from eBay this time,  maybe you should consider the possibility of ending your listings until the problem is resolved? 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Rather easy to see what is happening. You are selling duplicate cards for sale at $21,275.00 and such. They appear to not all be authenticated. Maybe you just happen to have gotten 2 cards worth $21,275.00 plus others that are the same duplicates but are not duplicates. I don't think anyone is that lucky though. 

Your ID saids Canada but cards are shipped from Oregon. I see a lot of problems with your account.

Could be a tax issue or where your funds are going...to USA or Canada?

I wouldn't sell 2 cards of the same value. 

I would have an ID and address that is of one country.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I purchased many cards to get a big inventory plus the one's at 21 275.00 are PSA which means authenticity has been verified already. They all have different serial no, you can even find them on PSA website. 

I don't see why there would be an issue with the most expensive one. You think they might block payout due to duplication ? They don't event have the same serial no. It's the same product but different cards. Sku and serial is not the same.

Oh, I also speak with ebay last week and they told me to get the ebay blue stamp saying my product was ebay authentic and when I checked on how to get it it says not available in my region...

As for shipping, I ship a few of them from my pwcc vault in the US, I asked ebay about this and they said it was not an issue. 

Let me know what you think , tbh not sure what to do anymore here.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay tells him to ship and THEN holds his fund.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Forgot to mention * They told me about the  authenticity stamp on another case, it was not related to the blocked payouts.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I would not sell two of the same kind even with different serial numbers.

"eBay blue stamp"can't get it because you live in Canada or ID is Canada?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I have been suffering from the same problem for a month. eBay customer service keeps saying, “You need to update your payment method,” but there is no way to update. Can you suggest a solution? Thanks 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Old thread bumped.

I'd hold your funds with that catalog too.

I remember another seller complaining about holds because he needed to pay his mortgage ASAP and he sold sneakers for 20k.

If he got the money which a return was opened how would he pay back ? If they can't pay their mortgage.

You don't have much experience, limited track record and think eBay isn't going to take every precaution possible ?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply