cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best strategies for selling on ebay

What are some effective strategies/tips for selling goods on eBay?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Best strategies for selling on ebay

Read everything below. Understand it all and follow policy.

Dont sell anything you cant afford to give away.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Doing your own research and not asking others to do your work for you, following the rules and policies that ebay applies to being a seller, being truthful and trust worthy to your customers, not selling items from other countries if you are located in another country (drop shipping) , not selling items that are counterfeit or restricted, being consistant with customer service, do not price gauge or over charge for shipping.  The rest is up to you.  Good luck. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Don't dropship junk from China.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

-Buy low, sell high.

-Research the market you plan to sell in. -Then, sell in-demand items at attractive prices.

-Consider packaging up the items prior to listing to ensure you have a) the proper shipping supplies on hand, and b) the right weight and dimensions of each mail-piece. 

-Get a postal scale.

-Learn the rules and policies for selling here, especially the Money Back Guarantee and the User Agreement.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Buy coconuts really cheap, sell them very expensive.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Find a product with a reasonably high demand that you can offer at a reasonable price and that you can safely deliver to your buyers consistently at a reasonable price.  As mentioned, I would avoid drop shipping not only from China but anywhere as such a practice is fraught with hazards.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Pork bellies.  You can't miss.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Pork bellies.  You can't miss.

I think Jed recommended Crawdaddies. 😉

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Not asking questions like what are the best strategies for selling on ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Find a need and fill it.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Why buy them when you can just plant some CocoNut trees and train some monkeys to harvest them.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Thank you to all of you for such a great information. i am running a Fonts Generator website but AdSense not yet approved thats why i want to start selling on ebay.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

RUN

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

-Buy low, sell high.

Golly-gosh {musing sigh}... I remember a time when the buyers actually allowed that to be a viable strategy on eBay. Not today. Though it may sound good on paper, the buyers, themselves, dictate how high you are able to sell an item. Now a seller cannot afford to get too crazy. Figure in this charge and that charge, nibbling away at the seller's bottom line... Not to be a Debbie Downer, but in the eBay of today, unless one is selling a desirable, rare, one-of-a-kind item, that [wishful] strategy can sink a seller.  Therefore, I'd say, obtain it for little of nothing, and resell it at a moderate profit, and call it a day. 🙄

Message 15 of 20
latest reply