cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffled... Other sellers able to do "Multiples with Variations" in my category, but I am not??

I am totally baffled and can use help.

---- I have a bunch of Domino tiles that I would like to list for people to buy individually to fill in their own missing pieces.  I have seen several other sellers (current and closed listings) listing BUY IT NOW with pieces similar to mine under "Game Pieces, Parts" in Toys & Hobbies > Games" category.  They show individual pieces photo by photo and show named pieces by piece under selection -- exactly "Multiples with Variations" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 Other Sellers CATEGORY as searched1 Other Sellers CATEGORY as searched

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 My Category1 My Category

----So I am following the same: Under BUY IT NOW Ive chosen "Game Pieces, Parts" in Toys & Hobbies > Games" category ---  I have photos and individual tiles named and ready to go --- yet it will not let me list because it states: "Variations are unavailable for this listing. Eligibility is limited to qualifying item categories, Buy It Now pricing formats, and other criteria."

WHY??? Why are Variations unavailable to me?WHY??? Why are Variations unavailable to me?

--How can it be OK for some sellers to list multiples with variations, but I am not?  What am I doing wrong? 

------------Ive read and re-read all of eBay's instructions, I've read and re-read all the help articles here on Community...  Nothing explains why I am not able to do this.

-----------Of course I can list and just manually subtract pieces as they sell, but isn't the point of "Multiples with Variations" so its automatic/Sellers dont have to do this extra work??

-----------Help appreciated.  Thanks, Be well.

ADDITIONAL INFO

THEIR SPECIFICS / MY SPECIFICS:

Other Sellers SPECIFICSOther Sellers SPECIFICS

MY SPECIFICSMY SPECIFICS

THEIR SELECTION ABILITY / MY GOAL to do same!!!

Other Sellers SELECTION DROP DOWNOther Sellers SELECTION DROP DOWN

Other Sellers SELECTION CHOICEOther Sellers SELECTION CHOICE

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Baffled... Other sellers able to do "Multiples with Variations" in my category, but I am not??

Create a brand new listing and leave everything blank (including title line) and immediate click on CREATE VARIATIONS.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Create a brand new listing from scratch. If you sell similar from a listing without variations, you will not be able to add variations.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Create a brand new listing and leave everything blank (including title line) and immediate click on CREATE VARIATIONS.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

like @wastingtime101 mentioned...you need to create a new listing...

also as a reminder...make sure you have activated the option....

!ebay-variations-3-buttons-dropdown.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks! Be well

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, that explains it!!

Be well

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Makes sense, Thanks!

Be well

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, appreciate it.... I started from scratch, selected Multiples with Variations, went to try it, and after several insane attempts, I could not for the life of me figure out how to create the drop down, nor how to post the individual photos!!!!!  What a nightmare!!!  The whole point of computerization is to make easy repetitive tasks...  Why does this have to be so difficult???   Of course, its me and my peabrain.  So I'll list and subtract them manually one by one if and/or as people choose them!!!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I ran into this also.  I found that once I switched to the seller hub, it was much easier.  But a couple of things:

When you do a listing, make sure to change the pricing to Buy it now.  And remove any Make Offer options.  Those two things will prevent it from allow you to set it up.

I could not for the life of me figure out how to create the drop down

Under the listing there is the variations section. At the top is where you set up the fields.  They look like this:

gator08041971_0-1707092447064.png

Click edit.

You can now setup fields.  In many listings I only need one field like this:

gator08041971_1-1707092492533.png

But if you have items with more than one variation, you can create multiple fields, like this:

gator08041971_2-1707092560863.png

gator08041971_3-1707092579360.png

And how you sort those fields on the right dictate how they appear on the listing:

gator08041971_4-1707092619771.png

Then when you hit update, it will try to automatically create entries.

NOW that can screw you up when dealing with multiple items.  But for single listings like my first example, it helps.

Then you can assign pictures to each item like this:

gator08041971_5-1707092690875.png

And yes, you can have up to 12 per item.  But keep it simple.

Then you add your item to the list of available items down here by clicking Add Combination:

gator08041971_6-1707092773871.png

Then make sure you hit that SAVE on the left.  Later on, you can update the quantities two ways:

One, by simply going back in here and changing it.  Or you can use the multi listing tool hub like this:

gator08041971_7-1707092843214.png

gator08041971_8-1707092868026.png

That allows you to directly assign quantity.

There is a lot more to setting those up, but I find them a HUGE help when dealing with like items.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

THANK YOU!!

But doesnt it seem complicated, when it should be easy!!!  I will follow your instructions, and know I (and Im sure others!) appreciate it!!  Be well

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@gator08041971 

what a great tutorial....nice job!

in addition...

IF you refresh/relist and have sold items....("0" Inventory), those items will repopulate with the original number...so, once you are rolling with it, do all your adjustments through your  View Listings page...the "Variations" link will be under the title of the item/listing.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

There is a learning curve, but once you do a few, it becomes second nature.....

Also, if you "end" the item, and relist, all the inventory totals will reset to the original number....

Message 11 of 11
latest reply