cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUY IT NOW listings available for offers?

All of my listings for sale are BUY IT NOW.......Why does  my All Selling page show 2 specific listings  available for  offers?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: BUY IT NOW listings available for offers?

Why does  my All Selling page show 2 specific listings  available for  offers?

@kunstistkunstdy 

I am thinking this may be items for which you can SEND an offer to an interested party.  Those items may be on someone's 'watch list', or they viewed more than a couple of times.   You don't have to do this if you don't want to. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Im not sure what you are seeing but when I look at your listings I dont see any with BIN

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm not sure what you're seeing.

I've taken a look and all of the ops listings have a BIN, and none of them have best offer.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

8 total listings, all BIN, no best offer???

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Which two of your listings are you looking at? I see that they're all listed as straight BIN.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Which two of your listings are you looking at? I see that they're all listed as straight BIN.

Yes.  It's like Go Fish....lol

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

if you are lookig at a list of your listings in "all selling" then its just ebays way of saying you can add best offer to these 2.

ebay adds best offer to items they think are overpriced if you have not had a sale in a while

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

ebay adds best offer to items they think are overpriced if you have not had a sale in a while

not to everything........I've had items up for over a year........never put b/o on those.  I think it happens with new sellers.........

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Why does  my All Selling page show 2 specific listings  available for  offers?

@kunstistkunstdy 

I am thinking this may be items for which you can SEND an offer to an interested party.  Those items may be on someone's 'watch list', or they viewed more than a couple of times.   You don't have to do this if you don't want to. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

not to everything........I've had items up for over a year........never put b/o on those.  I think it happens with new sellers.........

Not a new seller - over 17 years on here.  Has happened to ours.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Just ignore or decline the  Best Offer or haggle  with member  that has shown interest in your listing - an old adage I heard many times  " Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" might apply.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Well since nobody gave you a good explanation, I'll add that I had 3 listings, Buy It Now only, that ebay, out of the blue, sent me emails that they now could receive offers ! Oh joy, so, I went to each and revised them to   NOT receive offers [like my original requests]. I came to this forum to see if anyone had an answer as to why? But, alas, no one has an answer, yet. If I find one, I'll let you know. I, also am not new to ebay, but hadn't sold anything for years. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

So evidently this is not a new issue. when I did the search ebay adding offer to buy it now listings, I found the 2 following listings helpful: 

‎07-28-2020 10:43 AM

Yes, eBay does add the Best Offer option for items listed using the Quick Listing form. eBay wants your item to sell for ANY price that would pay out a Final Value Fee to eBay, regardless of whether  the seller makes a reasonable profit.

In the future, switch to the Business Listing form (link in the upper right corner of the Quick Listing form). It's less likely that eBay will add the Best Offer.

‎09-30-2019 07:48 AM

When an item does not sell, eBay will add Best Offer.

ebay is adding the Best Offer option to fixed priced listings and auto relist if you are using the Quick Listing Tool.

To remove that option, go to My ebay > Sell > Active > More actions > Revise

You will now have to switch to the advanced listing form with more choices. That option is in the upper right corner. Once you switch, you will be able to scroll down and uncheck the Best Offer option and auto relist.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I also found this helpful under using the business tool in customer service: 

If you’re new to selling, or you only sell occasionally, use our quick listing tool to create your listing in just a few minutes. If you want to see more options in the quick listing tool, such as quantity, reserve price, duration, and schedule listing, here’s how to enable them:

1. At the top of the listing form, select Change listing preferences.
  2. Check the Enable more options box and Save.
  3. Select More options to view your additional listing options. 

If you still need more listing options, use the Switch to business tool link at the top of the listing page. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply