cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autograph Authenticating For Canadian Sellers of Music & Entertainment Memorabilia -Any Suggestions?

Hi. I'm a little concerned about shipping memorabilia back and forth across the border for authenticating.  I understand in Toronto there's a company called KSA but it appears they mostly process sports cards and autographs. 

There's a service on eBay for Buyers called eBay PSA Quickopinion. You send them a scan and for $10 they tell you if it MIGHT be authentic or not. Has this service been of help to you as a Seller?

Beckett and JSA and others charge between $20 and $50USD per signature plus shipping. The turnaround time can be 2-3 months including shipping. The value of the services also relates to the validity and reputation of the company. 

For many lesser valuable items it's not really necessary but in some cases it can add a lot of value. For example I had Liberace sign his autobiography in 1974 for me.  He signed almost every book they printed so there are a lot out there.  A copy that was authenticated by JSA recently sold for $300.  There's lots of copies without the certificate available for $50. did it help in this case? Yes, I think so. 

This is a big hardcover weighing in at .65KG and would cost $50CA for return shipping and $25CA for the sticker. Then there are items with multiple signatures that can be very difficult to pack and ship safely. Most of the people I've had this conversation with say forget it. Sell am as is and move on. Most of the signatures I sell I obtained so I have no problem with concern about authenticity and often can provide a letter of a picture with the item. 

That said the added value from professional authentication may be worth it for items that are more high dollar. If Canadian Sellers have opinions on this I'd love to hear from you! 

Thank you.

InTimeWithMusic

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0