cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticator "Cannot verify authenticity"

I just sold a pair of Nike sneakers on ebay and then the order got cancelled and refunded to the buyer due to the authenticator not being able to "verify authenticity." I can't be 100% sure they are authentic because it's been several years since I purchased them but I typically buy my son's sneakers from a reputable store or directly from Nike so I'm fairly positive they are not fakes. Now it says that I can't list them again on ebay. Any advice on how to proceed? I've reached out to the buyer to apologize because I don't want them to give me a bad rating but also I feel like the sneakers are authentic and I should be able to list them again. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@tenille24 

Well, that is a shame. And now that the listing is gone, I can't view it. I do know that you don't want to list them here again, however. I've never used the Authenticity program... surely the shoes will be returned to you? If so, sell locally. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@tenille24 wrote:

I just sold a pair of Nike sneakers on ebay and then the order got cancelled and refunded to the buyer due to the authenticator not being able to "verify authenticity." I can't be 100% sure they are authentic because it's been several years since I purchased them but I typically buy my son's sneakers from a reputable store or directly from Nike so I'm fairly positive they are not fakes.

I would sell them locally for cash. You are talking about 'can't be 100% sure' and 'fairly positive' that they are real but your shoes are being looked at by an authenticator whose whole entire job is to identify them as real or fake. Granted the authenticators have kind of a spotty record but it is still their opinion that counts. Sorry about that.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

First, I'd try to find out if they are real and if they are, sell them somewhere else.

If they are fake, trash them.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply