cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are buyers still unable to request a combined shipping invoice on the mobile app?

Had a buyer message me this morning, wants to buy multiple items but can't find a "request total" option anywhere.

Searched these boards and found that the option was not available on the mobile app but these threads were a couple years old, just wondering if that is still the case.

I have combined shipping available in my shipping preferences but buyer can't seem to request total, any help would be much appreciated,

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are buyers still unable to request a combined shipping invoice on the mobile app?

Correct. It is still not available on the app.

If you don't require immediate payment, the buyer could commit to buy, but not pay and then you could send an invoice. 

Or the buyer can pay the full shipping and you can refund the overage. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Are buyers still unable to request a combined shipping invoice on the mobile app?

Correct. It is still not available on the app.

If you don't require immediate payment, the buyer could commit to buy, but not pay and then you could send an invoice. 

Or the buyer can pay the full shipping and you can refund the overage. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for that info, just messaged the buyer asking if they were on the app, wanted to verify before I messaged him

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Is the commit to buy option still available?  I haven’t seen the commit to buy option without paying in a long time.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This whole situation drives me crazy! 
I sell in a collectible market where people generally will buy multiple items. The App makes it appear that they have to pay immediately for each item so daily I find five individual orders from the same buyer, each charging him full shipping. And of course the buyer wants to combine shipping which means I need to refund postage in four of those items.

And that means that eBay is charging me 30 cents for each of those transactions, which I don’t get back. That adds up when you’ve got a 5-10 piece order of $2 items!  eBay has no incentive to fix it since they’re making money on the situation.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply