cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Having Trouble Signing into Ebay the Last Two Days?

I don't see anything about it in the announcements. Yesterday I got a message that the site was down when I went to log in (on 3 different browsers). Today, also gave me a problem, but I managed to log in (captain obvious) and the forum isn't loading correctly either.

Anyone else? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No, I have no issues signing in at all. Never saw the site down either. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No, neither have I. That's why I thought it was very weird. 

Okay. Thanks.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I had a similar issue last week. It just wouldn't allow a login. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts ,

Nope, Nada, Nein!

If it is it sure isn’t affecting my sales.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

no problems.........be sure your  browsers are up to date.......

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I have not had any problems reaching or using the site or the community in the last two days, and there is no indication that the site was down in the last 24 hours on downdetector:

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

Try another browser in a private or incognito browser window or use another link to sign in to eBay if you encounter problems signing in. Try reaching eBay using the eBay app, or using a mobile browser on your phone when not connected to your usual WiFi to rule out a local network issue.

If you are using a bookmarked page to sign in to eBay, you may need to update your link if it is not redirecting properly any more.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Nobody seems to read that I tried three different browsers, but thanks for your responses. I think it was just Spectrum having problems in my area due to the storm.  The wifi was wonky.

Thanks. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Sort of.  I am having trouble logging out of my buyer / posting account and re-logging into my selling account. 

Every time I log out and then put in my selling account credentials it just reverts back to the previous buyer ID and then says the password (the pw for selling account) is incorrect.

Every time I have to clear all cookies, then enter my log in info.  Which then goes to that screen where they want you to do away with your password and get some sort of pass code or key.

I've cleared my cache and run my virus software, tried multiple browsers.  Still the same mess.

It's getting to be so aggravating.  Been going on for two days.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Every time I log out and then put in my selling account credentials it just reverts back to the previous buyer ID and then says the password (the pw for selling account) is incorrect.

If you are certain you are signing out completely, you may have set up an account or password manager to auto-fill your credentials for you. You may have to undo that, however you set it up.

You may be able to avoid that by using different browsers for each account, and staying signed in to each account at the same time to avoid having to juggle sign-ins in the same browser.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks so much for responding.

I do have a password manager and have used it to log in / log out of eBay for a long time with no issues.   

But if the issues do not clear up in the next day or so I may clear it out for eBay and start over.

Just seems to me they are trying to force me to sign up for the passkey because it shows up every time I finally get logged in. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

By the way, the Password Manager works perfectly once I've cleared cookies so that the eBay site doesn't recognize my computer.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yup, happened again today but I tried again and it let me in, on Chrome. Got an error message printing today too. Tried that again and it worked the second time. Very odd. Cleaning out the caches today again, I guess. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-19 at 1.17.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-19 at 1.17.23 PM.png

Message 13 of 13
latest reply