cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to store notes on buyers for future purchases?

Over in my selling account I have a slightly picky buyer who has a standing request involving shipment of his purchases. I have no problem with doing that for him - but I dont think I am going to remember his request in future because he has a pretty unmemorable user ID and does not buy often enough for me to recognize it when shipping. 

I know I can use the Add/Edit Note function on the Sold page in my Seller Hub - but that only seems to add a note to the existing sale. I want a reminder that will pop up whenever that buyer makes a purchase in future. Does that option exist? TIA.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

All operating systems either computer or phone have some sort of 'Notes' program to use for such a thing, and all have a search function.  You could also use Google Docs for similar functionality that would be accessible from both phone and computer.

@itsjustasprain wrote:

I want a reminder that will pop up whenever that buyer makes a purchase in future. 

eBay does not have such functionality.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No. You need to let the buyer know this and they will need to request each/every time (easy to explain you are busy and have no way of 'noting this' with all the customers you have. 

Curious- what is the 'special' thing this buyer needs to be done? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You could create an email filter that triggers off the username which then sends the purchase confirmation when the buyer pays, to an email subfolder. You could also use the buyer's real name which may be safer since the buyer may change their username (real name and username both show in the email so can be used as filter triggers).

For example, in your email client, you probably already have an eBay sales folder or something like that. Create a subfolder named "picky buyers" or whatever and direct all emails from that particular buyer or others to that subfolder using a filter rule.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Curious- what is the 'special' thing this buyer needs to be done? 

No biggy - he has very specific USPS shipping requests for his packages which I have no problem doing as long as I can realize 'Oh its him again' whenever his next order comes in. I think a PostIt note next to my computer will be enough of a reminder to me if there are no other options since I use the same machine for shipping every time.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The other issue that may be affecting you is if you have a buyer that you do not want to purchase items.  You can Block a buyer from seeing and bidding for your items if needed.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@jame234 wrote:

The other issue that may be affecting you is if you have a buyer that you do not want to purchase items.  You can Block a buyer from seeing and bidding for your items if needed.

They still see them. I have an extensive block list and have had people message me asking why they were blocked. 

I have found that most "special handling" customers have a message they copy and paste to every seller from every order they make.  

Special handling people also have me searching for my block list, at least if they are in trading cards. About once a month I will get someone who orders a $1.99 trading card and sends me detailed packing instructions with no offer to pay extra for these services they want. I usually follow their instructions and then block them.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

He just needs to add his request in the "notes" section when he makes a payment. That way it will show up on the orders details page.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

How is it possible you have figured out a way to prevent someone from SEEING your listings? I’m sure a lot of people would like to know how you accomplished this. I can’t see any way this is possible. Can you clarify please?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@bearswatching wrote:

How is it possible you have figured out a way to prevent someone from SEEING your listings? I’m sure a lot of people would like to know how you accomplished this. I can’t see any way this is possible. Can you clarify please?

@bearswatching 

I think @jame234 misspoke... I think they meant "buying and bidding"... I don't believe there is any way to prevent a buyer from seeing your items.

If this wasn't a mistake, jame234 is the true EBAY whisperer ...

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@bearswatching wrote:

It isn't possible. If it was everyone would start trying to block all their competitors from seeing their items and then everyone who sold would need a second account to do comps and that would be worse.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I vaguely remember useful tools like notepads and pens but that was back in the 70's!

Man what a great time that was!!!! 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

I vaguely remember useful tools like notepads and pens but that was back in the 70's!

Man what a great time that was!!!! 

Actually the PostIt notes I mentioned in Message 5 were introduced in 1979. 😀 So I used a PostIt note and a good old fashioned pen to post a note to myself about that guy and his shipping requests.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply