cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon drop shippers buying from us asking us to ship to their customer

Getting a little tired of Amazon sellers buying our items and having us drop ship to their customers. Most are asking us to ship with no invoice and claiming it is a gift lol ! Seems like there is always some sort of problem.

Anyone else dealing with this ?

Thank you  

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Amazon drop shippers buying from us asking us to ship to their customer

I always found it went the other way.  Ebay orders getting filled by the river.

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

@l5vw wrote:

I package and ship like I always do, I don't do anything different.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

It depends on what you sell. Personally, I think it's disrespectful when they say "it's a gift". I send an invoice in every item I sell regardless. We as sellers are protected from negative feedback from drop shippers, and they are NOT protected with eBay's moneyback guarantee. This is clear in eBay's terms and conditions and their way of getting around that is claiming "it's a gift". I consider the invoice in every package a return "gift" for the disrespect. But that's just me. 

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

We as sellers are protected from negative feedback from drop shippers, and they are NOT protected with eBay's moneyback guarantee.

Can you provide the source of those statements?

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

We as sellers are protected from negative feedback from drop shippers, and they are NOT protected with eBay's moneyback guarantee.

Can you provide the source of those statements?

I think what he means is:

If there is a problem, the Amazon buyer deals with the Amazon seller, not the Ebay seller the product ships from. Same with MBG - buyer would be covered by Amazon, not Ebay.

That said, the Amazon seller would deal with the Ebay seller, should a problem arise. There would be no "protection" in that case.

All I know is, if it were happening to me with any regularity, I'd be raising my prices.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

Research your titles and see what the amz prices are that these drop shippers are listing at . Then raise your prices on ebay to slightly lower than them say 7% lower. This will soon stop them drop shipping your item. Put terms in your desc invoice will be supplied every time. Then hopefully the buyers will come directly to you on ebay and you won't have these drop shippers any more if they have no more profit margin. Basically your selling to cheap on which ever items they are drop shipping from you.  Oh yeh when you mail one out from a drop shipper next time send it in an ebay box. And include a note inside visit my ebay store.

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Everything you've stated is certainly true; however, I don't think that's what the poster was claiming:

"We as sellers are protected from negative feedback from drop shippers, and they are NOT protected with eBay's moneyback guarantee."

There's no protection from feedback from drop shippers in any event. That Amazon seller could leave any kind of feedback s/he wants (within eBay guidelines, of course), whether positive, neutral or negative. The Amazon seller would also certainly be protected by eBay's MBG if s/he could make the appropriate claim within the allotted time frame and meet eBay's other return/refund criteria. I think s/he is confusing "drop shippers" with "freight forwarders."

We'll see . . .

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

@l5vw   No, have not run in to that problem ...  what kind of categories are you talking about?  I suspect in Collectibles that situation is rare BUT, if were to happen I would simply message them back (as I have on occaision when a Buyer wants me to ship an item to a different address) advising that I can only ship to the address on file at the time of purchase, otherwise I lose my Seller Protection and that I will be happy to cancel if that is their preference.  If no word back within my Handling time I would cancel using the reason at the bottom of the list ...

Screenshot (2250).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 61
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I would simply message them back (as I have on occaision when a Buyer wants me to ship an item to a different address) advising that I can only ship to the address on file at the time of purchase, otherwise I lose my Seller Protection and that I will be happy to cancel if that is their preference. 

Except that's not correct. Sellers should be shipping to the "ship to" address the buyer uses during checkout. I don't know what "address on file" even refers to.

Obviously, this Amazon seller-buyer is entering his/her customer's address at checkout, and, therefore, the OP is obligated to ship to that address. The Amazon seller-buyer is not asking the OP to change the address after purchase, s/he's entering it during checkout. 

There is no loss of seller protection when a seller ships to their buyer's "ship to" address. There's nothing wrong with the "ship to" address the buyer has entered during checkout, so there would be no legitimate reason for the OP to cancel the transaction.

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

Good job, keep up with that, hopefully you will have even more sales to come.

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

Be happy.

More sales will come...

Enjoy the ride....

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

@l5vw wrote:

Getting a little tired of Amazon sellers buying our items and having us drop ship to their customers. Most are asking us to ship with no invoice and claiming it is a gift lol ! Seems like there is always some sort of problem.

Anyone else dealing with this ?

Thank you  

Why are you tired of making sales?  Granted, if they are buying from you, your prices may be too cheap........but why turn down sales if you are happy with the price you are selling it for? 

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

I bet everyone else wishes Amazon sellers would use them as drop shippers

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

Hi, I am confused. Why would this bother you? You are selling items, is that not why we are here?  Stay safe all!!

Message 15 of 61
latest reply