cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I breaking any rules by sharing a buyers message with other sellers?

I have a buyer that has sent a very barbaric message to us and I wanted to share it on the forums so that other sellers may beware of their frantic activity. 

So my question is am I breaking any rules by sharing a screenshot of their message?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Am I breaking any rules by sharing a buyers message with other sellers?

As long as it doesn't show the name/username.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If it was sent to you Private, keep it private.

"Keep private interactions confidential. 
We assume that email and private message content is intended only for the recipient(s).  Do not post personal names, addresses, tracking numbers, private messages, chat transcripts or emails from Community members, moderators or eBay. "

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are a number of Facebook groups where you can shame other eBay members to your heart's content. You could always join one of those and post whatever you want. They are relatively unregulated regarding member ids, screenshots, etc.

Keep in mind, though, your eBay member id, real name, address, telephone number, etc., can just as easily be posted on one of those group pages, as well . . .

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

People post messages, email and screen shots here all the time.  The MODs don't seem to mind as long as the person's info is not included.  But you are right.  It's against  the rules. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi, there is no way to warn sellers of bad buyers here in the forums because you cannot publish their names. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Hi, there is no way to warn sellers of bad buyers here in the forums because you cannot publish their names. 

Plus, the chance that the same buyer will also buy from someone who happens to be reading your post is miniscule. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply