cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I hear is Bad Sales, Bad Sales. Anyone with Good sales?

So many threads of late about how dead Ebay is. I have been very dead myself otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with this thread, but since I have nothing to do, here I am.. Im using another account other than my selling account, just because Im on this account. Not using this account as my posting.

Anyways. It would good to hear if there are still sellers doing well. Reading all the threads it just seems doom and gloom. 

Sure would be nice if the New CEO would put out some statement about positive changes, but most likely its the new one being the same as the old one. We will see. Ebay has made a lot of personal changes in the last few years... Sinking Ship??

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: All I hear is Bad Sales, Bad Sales. Anyone with Good sales?

NO

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

Most of those coming here to report good sales - use a posting ID so it's kind of hard to know what is selling well.   

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

This is the worst sales its ever been.  I have to keep checking to see if my store is still considered opened -- cause its so odd no messages, no sales....NOTHING.  What is going on?.  I do not want to pay for a store subscriptions when they aren't doing anything to assist us -- Ebay just wants us to keep paying more to promote but something else is going on -- has to be.  

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

My sales were fine until the IS debacle (I sell mostly in the fashion category which was really hard hit), with my fixing the IS's and eBay slowly figuring itself out, they're picking up again.  I'm just a really small time operation, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 56
latest reply

@gettt90 wrote:

So many threads of late about how dead Ebay is. I have been very dead myself otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with this thread, but since I have nothing to do, here I am.. Im using another account other than my selling account, just because Im on this account. Not using this account as my posting.

Anyways. It would good to hear if there are still sellers doing well. Reading all the threads it just seems doom and gloom. 

Sure would be nice if the New CEO would put out some statement about positive changes, but most likely its the new one being the same as the old one. We will see. Ebay has made a lot of personal changes in the last few years... Sinking Ship??

Sales are awful and they don't want to hear about it. Grab your life jacket.

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

I noticed it immediately after ebay added the Etsy watch hearts to the top right corner of all photos in searches so that all ebay searches now look like a rain of hearts instead of a gallery of items for sale. I’m sure there’s no correlation, but it dropped immediately for me within 24 hours of the little hearts addition and has not picked up. The number of views compared to normal is what jumps out at me this past week. I had two items with zero, literally the number zero, for almost a day; meaning, not even the ebay bot that gives the 1 after a listing registered. Something is up, seems like.

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had 1 5 dollar sale in Oct, And now I noticed My view count is not working, On mine and my Hubbies page.

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

It is the nature of discussion forums such as this on all kinds of site.  Typically the vast majority of threads / discussions will be about negative things about the site or some type of problem that someone is seeking help or advice on.  That is just what forums are mostly about.  So it is no surprise that the majority of threads you read on this subject are negative.

It is important to remember that the people that come to the forums represent a small fraction of the 6.7 million sellers in the USA or 25 million sellers worldwide.  That isn't to say that what is said here isn't important, because it most certainly is.  But just as there are those upset with Ebay for one reason or another, there are others that are happy with Ebay and/or are doing fine.

Logic tells us this has to be true.  Because if all or most sellers were having terrible sales, they wouldn't stay.

We don't have a new CEO yet.  Just a temporary one and when it is an interim CEO, typically big changes aren't made during that period.  Ebay never makes "personal changes".  Ebay is a business as is every seller on Ebay.  Every single transaction on Ebay is a business transaction.  There are no personal transactions on Ebay.  Some may say they aren't a business, but they are, certainly various sizes.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 56
latest reply

Oh I forgot to answer the main question.  My sales are fine.  They could be better/should be better for this time of year, but they are doing fine.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 56
latest reply

My sales are incredibly average on both accounts. Not up, not down.  Just about normal for this time of year.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 56
latest reply

If your sales are good your fee's are bad= Pay day loan

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

@mymysharona43 wrote:

If your sales are good your fee's are bad= Pay day loan

How so?

I don't pay fees - all my fees are paid by my buyers.  I'm just the one that passes them along to Ebay.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 56
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

How so?

I don't pay fees - all my fees are paid by my buyers.  I'm just the one that passes them along to Ebay.

I've never particularly had any issues with any fees, and I do parrot what you say to a degree....BUT, with an ever-growing ocean of uber cost-conscious buyers, it is becoming far more difficult to camouflage those costs today than what it was 10 years ago. Passing the costs on to the consumer is a great practice in theory, and in a seller-centric world, would truly be the answer ..However, it also can raise the price of what you're selling. And if you're selling something that is not of high demand or not particularly non-ubiquitous there is always going to be someone out there willing to sell theirs for less than what you are willing to take for yours.

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

Honestly, no.

Message 15 of 56
latest reply