cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed regarding an ongoing case for item not received.

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice please. I sold a Nintendo switch bundle to someone. Sent it recorded and signed for and tracked. They signed for it then 6 days later opened a case against me ( with no contact first) saying.. item not received, please send item. 

I added the tracking number to the case and told them it shows that the item was signed for in the same surname as them at the address given to me by them. He messaged back  a week later saying.. Thank you, yes it was signed for. I assumed he would then close the case seen as he'd told me this. Then 5 days later he sends another message saying.. I have trouble getting my parcels from parcelforce they always go missing. 

I messaged back saying well it didnt this time as you have told me you signed for it. I also told him that he opened the case AFTER signing for it so I think he's trying his luck. He has  now replied changing his story  and saying he lives in an apartment block and post always goes missing and other people sign for things and he hasnt got the item. And has asked me to email him my evidence of posting. He already has this evidence  as I messaged him all the pictures of receipts, and signature to parcel force deliver driver though ebay messages.( not though the case messages as there was no option to add pictures in there, only the tracking number)

I feel like were getting no where with this and dont know what to do next. I have now asked him to close the case. As far as I'm concerned I sent the item, he signed for it that's it. 

If he's now saying he didnt that's still not my problem. He needs to take it up with the building owner or parcelforce right? So my question is what is ebay likely to do about this? I'm worried about escalating it myself as I've read ebay always sides with the buyer. there's no way I should have to have to pay him the £350 back and never have my item back is there? Because it was signed for at the address he provided and the signature is his surname. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If online tracking shows the item was delivered to the buyer you will win the item not received case..

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

you are in the winners seat with tracking

you do not need to commumicate with your buyer

I would stop the back and forth and just end all of it and keep responses to the case

it does not matter what the buyer says or whatever,you have proof of delivery

you need to satisfy ebay now,not your buyer

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I think you should respond to the filed case, as required, in a timely manner, and stop communicating with the buyer.  It sounds like an on-going sob story - just short of a bullying tactic - to get something for nothing.  If the person really had not received it, they wouldn't be so laissez faire about it.  Be sure to put them on your 'not-so-welcome?' list.  You should win the case, but since you are in the UK, and I'm not familiar with how they follow through with things.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@purple-princess wrote:

So my question is what is ebay likely to do about this? I'm worried about escalating it myself as I've read ebay always sides with the buyer. there's no way I should have to have to pay him the £350 back and never have my item back is there? Because it was signed for at the address he provided and the signature is his surname. 

Item Not Received cases where you show delivered tracking, and in this case a signature too, is the one thing that eBay is really good about backing the seller on.  I don't know how it would be handled where you live, but in the U.S. I would call eBay and they would immediately close the case in my favor.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Your buyer States it's an ongoing problem on his end, the tracking information shows it was delivered and signed for... You have no worries. I would discontinue communication with your buyer as this is proving fruitless. Remember you have all of his eBay communications to also further fortify your position.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. I'm feeling more hopeful reading all these positive comments. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It takes two people to have a discussion.Your continuing gives him hope you will cave so stop replying.Let the case play out

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

No worries. If tracking shows delivered and you did get the signature then Ebay will close it in your favor. Be proactive and call Ebay before the deadline for the case. Tell them of the tracking info and ask to close the case in your favor. If the buyer is a fraud the buyer will call Ebay the day after the deadline to close it in their favor. That is what fraud buyers do.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Oh ok. I will contact them Monday. Thank you for your advice.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:

@purple-princess wrote:

So my question is what is ebay likely to do about this? I'm worried about escalating it myself as I've read ebay always sides with the buyer. there's no way I should have to have to pay him the £350 back and never have my item back is there? Because it was signed for at the address he provided and the signature is his surname. 

Item Not Received cases where you show delivered tracking, and in this case a signature too, is the one thing that eBay is really good about backing the seller on.  I don't know how it would be handled where you live, but in the U.S. I would call eBay and they would immediately close the case in my favor.

That may, or may not now be how it would work.

Just today I had an INR case close. 

The buyer said they did not get it. Tracking was initially uploaded when shipping, and again provided to the case when opened. Tracking did show that the item was delivered.

I called eBay to close the case.  That was denied. CSR stated that the item was not eligible for the MBG (I can only surmise that it was because the item was showing delivered) , and that the case would automatically close in 21 days. That is what happened.

This request is closed

Hi ,  XXXX

We closed this request since there's been no activity for 21 days. As a result, the hold on this transaction has been removed.

You don't need to do anything else--we wanted to keep you updated.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply