cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Listing Photos

I have a few listings that need more then the normal 12 photos.  I see some sellers place photos in their item descriptions & I can't figure out how they do it.  Can ayone enlighten me.....  how is this done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alice

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@dskins2114 wrote:

I have a few listings that need more then the normal 12 photos.  I see some sellers place photos in their item descriptions & I can't figure out how they do it.  Can ayone enlighten me.....  how is this done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alice

@dskins2114

Hello Alice,

Check out Auctiva.. They have both free & paid versions/services. 

You can add extra photos, a scrolling window of other items etc...

We used to be able to use HTML but that went bye bye just recently. eBay going mobile friendly & all. 

https://www.auctiva.com/default.aspx

Perhaps somebody else will have other recommendations..

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's called self-hosting.  Upload your images to a server and cite them within the Description area with the HTML tag IMG SRC.  Not all servers allow 3rd party hosting, but many do advertise as "photo hosts."

I use FreeYellow -- which is not free -- which hosts one of my websites.  Perhaps your ISP offers web space as part of its service?

By the way, Auctiva is considered "active content" and may no longer be permitted on eBay.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

It's called self-hosting.  Upload your images to a server and cite them within the Description area with the HTML tag IMG SRC.  Not all servers allow 3rd party hosting, but many do advertise as "photo hosts."

I use FreeYellow -- which is not free -- which hosts one of my websites.  Perhaps your ISP offers web space as part of its service?

By the way, Auctiva is considered "active content" and may no longer be permitted on eBay.

~~C~~

Thank you..

My mind was blank on the term. Brain damage, Yikes..

Auctiva updated to the html5 or whatever the new fangled requirement is..

They didn't want to lose the ebay peeps ya know. Smiley Wink

I thought html was out? Wow I must have misunderstood that whole active content thing.. 

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As you mentioned Auctiva listings are still allowed on ebay. Any active content that were on those listings such as the scrolling gallery was changed by Auctiva. I don't know a lot about programming but I do know that html is in all listings and that active content doesn't refer to general html.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply