cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Restriction, Selling Restriction (INR and BBE)

Hello everyone. I have been an ebay seller for 13 years. My account's selling privileges are restricted in July 2023. I received an email saying that the reason for the restriction on eBay was the high INR rate (I actually only had 2 INR files in 105 transactions). Later, in my conversations with customer representatives, they said that the reason for the restriction was some BBE (Bad Buyer Experiences). I spoke to many customer representatives and I could not get a satisfactory answer from any of them with the details of this situation or whether I could start selling from my account again. It's like no one knows anything. They just read previous correspondence and give copy-paste answers. What I want to ask is: What I want to ask is: Since service measurements and standards and Service Metrics will be reset at the end of 1 year, will the restriction be lifted at the end of 1 year and I will be allowed to sell again? 

Thank you...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Account Restriction, Selling Restriction (INR and BBE)

@istanbul.tesbih 

Sorry for your situation.   Your shop appeared to be selling very unique items and did well.  Unfortunately, too many BBE's can hurt you & your privilege to sell here on eBay.  Were you using tracking numbers?  Very important on eBay.  Did you try to reach out on social media via Facebook? 

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are CS reps who actually work for eBay & may better serve you by answering your question concerning your metrics.  I added the link for you and would try contacting them with your questions concerning your account as soon as you can.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful.

I wish you Good luck & a positive outcome!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I could not get a satisfactory answer from any of them with the details of this situation

eBay has no interest in giving details about what criteria they use to assess risk. 

Since service measurements and standards and Service Metrics will be reset at the end of 1 year

I do not believe that service metrics get reset after year one. I am pretty sure that each month they look at the past 12 months. 

will the restriction be lifted at the end of 1 year and I will be allowed to sell again

Did the restriction notification say it was permanent and/or  indefinite? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

1) Service metrics are based on a 12-month period. For example, the 2 INR files in my account belong to April 2023. For this reason, the INR defect in my account will be deleted in April 2024.

2) Some customer representatives I spoke to say the restriction is temporary and some say it is permanent. None of them could give a clear and satisfactory answer. I always feel like I'm talking to an artificial intelligence bots.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I talked to ebay customer representatives on Facebook and Twitter. They are absolutely not helpful. They say that the account can be used for buying, that this issue is closed to objection and that I will receive a notification when the account becomes available for sale in the future. But they do not specify a time period for this and do not say how long it will take.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply