cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abusive Returns

Buyer purchased a total of 43 items (swim trunks) from about 12 separate listings. Now is returning 30+ of those items (reasons: ordered by mistake, didn't like style, etc.). For example, buyer ordered 6 units of one style and is keeping 3 while returning the other 3; ordered 4 of another style and is keeping 1, etc.

I offer free shipping and paid returns.  So it seems the buyer is just taking advantage of that and making purchases with the intent of returning.

How can something like this be avoided?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Abusive Returns

At least the buyer was honest with the return reason, so will be responsible to pay the return shipping.   Of course your "free shipping" will be be lost, but that's a math thing you have to figure out if you get more sales than you lose by offering this perk.   Since the buyer will also be out money, I can't see this as buying with the intent to return.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Outside of the free return issue, I was under the impression that undergarments that are tried on over bare skin in the mid-section were not returnable here. Do swim trunks not present the same scenario?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Be sure to report the buyer

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Exactly what is an abusive return based on  number or percentage of return? - can't find an eBay definition.  The OP states in their listings they  have a 30 day return policy with buyer paying return for remorse returns.  They stated in their post they paid for the items return but their listing states differently. 

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@gwens*4saleitems

The OP  listings states  the below.  My SWAG says the listing terms override what one states in a community board post.

"Returns:
30 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping |  See details "
"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 20 of 20
latest reply