cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AM I BEING SCAMMED?

Hello.

I have a collectible set of books that I have had listed for several months... lots of looking and watchers, but no bites.   Early this week I got a communication from a buyer asking if I would see for $300 less .. that's half off the original $600 listing price. I didn't reply.  Then suddenly yesterday, the item sold.  I am worried that the first person who emailed me is the one who actually bought it (using a different eBay ID).  Bothe eBay IDs are linked to the UK, although the item actually ships to Canada.

The scam would be to  ask for a return (claiming false damage etc. and when I ask for it back, will send me something else.).  Am I being paranoid?  Is there anything I can do to protect myself, or should I cancel the sale based on this 'gut instinct' ?

Thanks for your help!!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: AM I BEING SCAMMED?

I usually take a photo of package if it is going International and send it to buyer in an email your item is on its way....and has been mailed.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I usually take a photo of package if it is going International and send it to buyer in an email your item is on its way....and has been mailed.

That's nice but what advantage is that over just providing the tracking number and shipping confirmation which eBay already does?

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Luckily, you have not had any issues.  Because if you were counting on the pictures to prove your honesty, that simply will not happen.  BTW, how does anyone prove that the box you filled and wrapped is the one you actually mailed? 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply