cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nutty buyer wrote a book in my feedback (and ran out of room)

That guy that messaged me 10 times wrote a book in my feedback profile (what he wrote here is very similar to the jibberish I got in messages). He ran out of room and started messaging me again.

I had notifications on  his coin to see when it arrived, which was yesterday. I've been waiting for a storm of messages from this guy.

C.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch, he'll buy another item just to continue it.

What does his fb for other sellers look like? the same?

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

It was a big mistake when ebay increased the feedback characters, and unnecessary.

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. You don't compensate for the lack of quantity or make it more attractive by increasing the capacity of the already failed item.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Watch, he'll buy another item just to continue it.

What does his fb for other sellers look like? the same?

No he won't. After the first inappropriate message I blocked him. But I shipped his coin to try and avoid too much drama. He seems happy with the coin, so I don't have to answer any more messages.

C.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Maybe lonely?

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

I had problems with a toon on a cut coin necklace.  He was yowling about filing for an SNAD because the item didn't match the description. In two separate messages.  It did, to a T, and thank goodness I checked before replying because it was still for sale.  I didn't respond, blocked the toon and reported him to eBay for abuse and took the necklace down for good measure. 

Coins seem to attract people either off their meds or in need of some. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Be thankful it was positive.  The extra characters stick out even more when neg or neu.  Add to the fact people try to condense and squeeze in as much as possible it doesn't always make sense.  With your 122 feedbacks this month it will disappear in about a week.  I sell much less and mine will take a month. 

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Wait until he finds out he resides on your BBL......lol

Blocked from buying but not messages.

(Again, I never wish to sell coins!)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprised this was a medallion and not a Loonie ("Loony") (sorry, bad joke)

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Surprised this was a medallion and not a Loonie ("Loony") (sorry, bad joke)

Yeah, I said coin, but it was a Canadian commemorative silver medallion of sorts.

To me all round metal things are coins.

C.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

That guy that messaged me 10 times wrote a book in my feedback profile (what he wrote here is very similar to the jibberish I got in messages). He ran out of room and started messaging me again.

Oh, yeah, lonely and wanting to chitchat. At least he doesn't seem hostile...

I think he's assuming that he's talking to a fellow collector rather than a seller who is paying attention to him (at least temporarily) because he bought something, similar to a car salesman who pretends to be fascinated by your witty commentary because he just wants to sell you a car. Your buyer thus wants to talk about everything under the sun. Hopefully when you stop responding he will go on to someone else. (What does his Feedback Left for Others look like?)

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Agree with those thinking he's lonely..

He probably had no idea there was a limit on FB and was writing as if it were another PM..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

It's kind of sweet. I like that kind message better than the alternative. Probably lives in a very small limited number of people community, just trying to reach out. I'd probably chat a little with him if it was me.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

At least it was Positive and all you can really do is laugh about it. I found it amusing myself. lol

Message 15 of 48
latest reply