cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new eBay glitch?

First, I ALWAYS put Immediate Payment Required on my listings, all of which are Fixed Price. I don't use any other format. Today I sold an item which has not been paid for, about 8 hours ago. Definitely no payment. I checked the listing, I did list it correctly, the sale should not have gone through without payment. I have no idea what happened.
----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: A new eBay glitch?

Expecting this is a new ebay account or a guest.

Some sellers have mentioned a suspicion that "Guest" buyers aren't affected by the Immediate Payment Required option.

If that's the case,the way to try to avoid them is to go to your Site Preferences, and under Buyer Requirements check off the  option to require buyers to have a linked PayPal account.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I already have the tightest requirements available. I don't see any requirement for Paypal linking. Also, I am in Managed Payments. Maybe this matters?
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I forgot to add - this is not a guest account. It is a long established buyer.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I am noticing similar delays on payments this week. Some go through immediately and some are delayed. The most I have noticed is a couple of hours. I've also noticed it on items I have purchased. I am pretty sure it is managed payments. The payment shows as pending until it is processed. Honestly I think it is just a new process that is different than we are use to and managed payments is not showing paid until they actually get some kind of confirmation from the bank or credit card merchant.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I can see that happening, but in this case there is no indication of payment being proffered at all. On Managed Payments it is not shown as even existing.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@lotsofcards1 wrote:

If that's the case,the way to try to avoid them is to go to your Site Preferences, and under Buyer Requirements check off the  option to require buyers to have a linked PayPal account

The requirement for a paypal account was discontinued with the advent of managed payments.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I've never had that happen to me.

Is the listing still open or was it a single item?

If the listing is still open and you go in to revise item, is the "require immediate payment" box checked?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I'm not in MP (yet) and I've had a few random sales where the payment shows up in Paypal but only in ebay hours later. Meanwhile it doesn't even show as "pending" on ebay.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Me and several other seller friends have noticed this and a few other problems. The single causality linked to this is none of us use the managed payment system eBay is pushing us to and the canned response seems to be that all of the issues will be resolved once all sellers are converted to it. Is it just me or does anyone else see the pattern?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I read your post more carefully. If you already double checked the listing and i assume the "Immediate Payment Required" box is checked then there should be no way that can happen.   Perhaps you're right.  Glitch?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If it is a glitch, I hope it gets fixed quickly! I'm also hoping my buyer knows he hasn't paid yet. I just sent him an invoice.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply