cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 months into the required "German Packaging Act", are there any good/bad stories to share?

We are 9 months into the required "German Packaging Act", does anyone in the community have any good or bad stories to share with the ebay seller community about shipping into Germany now in late March 2023? I have had quite a few long-time customers from Germany reaching out to me about why most USA sellers block customers from Germany here on ebay. 

To avoid any problems with ebay or the German Government, I simply block buyers with Germany addresses from placing orders from my listings. However, I'm curious to read about any good or bad war stories from other sellers who are still shipping to Germany or thinking about shipping to Germany. 

Thank you in advance!!! 😎✌️🙏

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

9 months into the required "German Packaging Act", are there any good/bad stories to share?

I have shipped numerous packages to customer in Germany with a German address. I do it the same way I have always done. No special packaging, no special paper work, just the normal customs form used for all other international buyers. I get door to door tracking and all of the packages have been successfully delivered. I never signed up for that special program eBay told us we had to sign up for.

What's interesting is that eBay allowed the German customers to buy from me even though the basic deal was if I didn't sign up for that program then I couldn't sell to Germany.

I ship everything through Asendia at Pirateship.

I view this as a basic bureaucratic pipe dream: Goals, not achievements.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have shipped numerous packages to customer in Germany with a German address. I do it the same way I have always done. No special packaging, no special paper work, just the normal customs form used for all other international buyers. I get door to door tracking and all of the packages have been successfully delivered. I never signed up for that special program eBay told us we had to sign up for.

What's interesting is that eBay allowed the German customers to buy from me even though the basic deal was if I didn't sign up for that program then I couldn't sell to Germany.

I ship everything through Asendia at Pirateship.

I view this as a basic bureaucratic pipe dream: Goals, not achievements.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply