cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50,000 Selling Limit

Why give me a 50k MONTHLY selling limit when I can't sell that amount in a DECADE Here!

Great Marketing Ability eBay!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

$50,000 Selling Limit

I'm not sure how ebay determines sellers selling limits but I guess you could contact them and ask them to lower it.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

I used to sell plenty, in fact I was on the level that you need to do 25,000 a month.maybe platinum level

I used to be into it and my best days are long gone.my heyday was around 2010 or so

my best month was 65,000 and that was my record

I still plug along at a firm 2100 items sold every year for about 150,00 a year

its very doable for me since my business model depends on 99 cent auctions at no reserve

i figure I sell at least 40 item a week and launch 50 items every week,that is my goal

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

Yours is the first post seen here where a seller complains that his selling limit is too high.  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

i think maybe what the seller is implying , is that sales are so bad and slow on ebay that whats the point of the increase , except maybe as a marketing ploy to help him feel better , but the increase does him no good as sales are thru the floor , buyers are leaving in record numbers and they are losing market share like a sinking ship , on this platform ... ive had increases over the years i ignore them , now a days ebay is dropping in my goto platforms to sell on , luckily i live in a large city of 6 plus million , so i sell more locally then on ebay any longer , ever since the past Xmas ( that was just awful on ebay ) mind you my local sales went up , in my personal opinion , with the ever increasing fees ( selling and ad ) and with shipping increases , ebay is getting priced out by a lot of sales and losing many customers 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

devon@ebay 

Please read my posts and Clear this up for the community.

Thank You!

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

Why give me a 50k MONTHLY selling limit when I can't sell that amount in a DECADE Here!

Great Marketing Ability eBay!

Because eBay has no idea whether you can be a more successful seller here, but they want to give you the opportunity.  

I consider myself a hobby seller, but I have a 1200+ long ail, low demand items listed and I am happy that I do not not have to constantly monitor how much I have listed. 

Not sure what that has to do with "marketing", though. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

When a seller desires to increase their selling limits, they are allowed to request an increase once every 30 days. Mark your calendar and every 30 days request an increase until you have your selling limit well above anything you think you will ever need. Below is a link to where you can go to ask for a selling limit increase. It is the third option in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/sl

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

Thanks, I feel much better about my $25,000 limit now.  eBay obviously likes me better.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

eBay removed my ability to see what my limit is a year ago or so. So I have no idea what my limits are. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

Mine has been pretty much the same for as long as I can remember.

whenever I need a good laugh I look.

149,935 more items (this month)

$912,559.99  more (this month)

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

My limit is 1.2 million, and I'm not doing that. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay removed my ability to see what my limit is a year ago or so. So I have no idea what my limits are. 

@ebooksdiva 

Mine too.  When I asked about it I was told it was so high that there was no way I would get near it so they just don't post it in the Seller Hub.  Honestly that is what I was told.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

@mam98031 wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@ebooksdiva 

Mine too.  When I asked about it I was told it was so high that there was no way I would get near it so they just don't post it in the Seller Hub.  Honestly that is what I was told.

It's almost taunting lol.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

$50,000 Selling Limit

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

devon@ebay 

Please read my posts and Clear this up for the community.

Thank You!

That's not eBay's job, you need Khoros., the others are just having fun.........

I was thinking about your question and HOPEFULLY it means if you are lucky enough to sell a BIG $$$ item,  there will be no need for the usual ''Payment hold'' eBay always squawk on about 😃 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 15 of 21
latest reply