cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50,000 Selling Limit

Why give me a 50k MONTHLY selling limit when I can't sell that amount in a DECADE Here!

Great Marketing Ability eBay!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: $50,000 Selling Limit

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

Why give me a 50k MONTHLY selling limit when I can't sell that amount in a DECADE Here!

Great Marketing Ability eBay!

The eBay selling limit is not an eBay Goal. Think of it more like a credit card limit.

eBay has evaluated you and believes you are capable of handling up to 50K Monthly in sales.

Conversely, a new seller with a million dollars of inventory in his warehouse may have a 10 item $500 selling limit. The 10 item $500 selling limit is what eBay trust the seller with until consistent problem free sales are seen.

Congratulations! eBay has confidence you can sell up to 50K Monthly if you have the means and the desire!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@gotta-have-it-collectables wrote:

That really doesn't matter.

Congrats on your being awarded this rare & special token of recognition from ebay

The notice you received can easily be framed for proper display within a storage shed, or attic.

Ebay really does care

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

It's possible someone dropped a few extra zeros on your selling limit. It may actually be $5.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

i think maybe what the seller is implying , is that sales are so bad and slow on ebay that whats the point of the increase , except maybe as a marketing ploy to help him feel better , but the increase does him no good as sales are thru the floor , buyers are leaving in record numbers and they are losing market share like a sinking ship , on this platform ... ive had increases over the years i ignore them , now a days ebay is dropping in my goto platforms to sell on , luckily i live in a large city of 6 plus million , so i sell more locally then on ebay any longer , ever since the past Xmas ( that was just awful on ebay ) mind you my local sales went up , in my personal opinion , with the ever increasing fees ( selling and ad ) and with shipping increases , ebay is getting priced out by a lot of sales and losing many customers 

The OP didn't say they just got an increase.  What they said was "Why give me a 50k MONTHLY selling limit when I can't sell that amount in a DECADE Here!"  

Monthly selling limits has nothing at all to do with how someone is doing with the amount of sales they are currently getting.  Are you suggesting that Ebay tracks the sales of each seller, then lower and raise selling limits as is needed for the seller's sales??

Selling limits have NO CONTROL over how many sales a seller actually gets.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay removed my ability to see what my limit is a year ago or so. So I have no idea what my limits are. 

@ebooksdiva 

Mine too.  When I asked about it I was told it was so high that there was no way I would get near it so they just don't post it in the Seller Hub.  Honestly that is what I was told.

It's almost taunting lol.

Sounds like a challenge to me 😀

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply