cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022... Still Startled By App "Cha-Ching" Notification Sound

Any other sellers still startled every once in a while when your eBay phone app notifies you of a sale with that "cha-ching" cash register sound? I don't get startled easily, but for some reason that sound seems to get me when I'm least prepared. I'll bet we all have a love/hate, Pavlovian response to that sound. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only hear crickets

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Funny you should ask. Shopper's phone kept cha-ching-ing several times at a local store. After about 6 times of cha-ching, I asked what she was selling to be so busy. She laughed and answered that it was her ring tone; she just liked the sound to remind her of the good old eBay days and hopefully one of those cha-chings would be a sale. 

I hear crickets too. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@ghost-star 

Startled and happy at the same time. 😊💸

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I haven't heard that sound in a week

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sorry to hear that. Hope things pick up. In the meantime, be self-ironic and set your eBay sales notification bell to cricket sounds. 🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ghost-star wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Hope things pick up. In the meantime, be self-ironic and set your eBay sales notification bell to cricket sounds. 🙂

It was more of a joke than anything. I'm an extremely casual seller to say the least and really don't care if my stuff sells or not to be honest.

Thanks for the encouraging words though.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I lost the ca-ching and not all the updates and reinstalls on the app does anything.  So now I have cartoon sounds.  Every time it goes Bing-Whizzzzzz!!!! and if the DH hears he yells "Stuff is flying off the shelves!"  lol.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I wish that sound would play on desktop, I actually miss it.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Sometimes It is a little Startling, But It's also a GREAT sound!!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I Love my Cha-Ching.  It is music to my ears.  I think it is the only thing that has "lasted" for years.. The one thing that is still around...  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"Any other sellers still startled every once in a while when your eBay phone app notifies you of a sale with that "cha-ching" cash register sound? I don't get startled easily, but for some reason that sound seems to get me when I'm least prepared. I'll bet we all have a love/hate, Pavlovian response to that sound."

Since I have confirmed that my posting ID is the high school and year I graduated, y'all can figure out my age, roughly.   Earlier this year, I was checking out of my cataract surgeon's office when I heard the phone Cha Ching in my pocket.  Smiled at the billing clerk and said, "Now I can pay that deductible when the bill comes!"  

Then a couple months later, I switched phone systems to a highly-advertised phone system for Older Americans [cringe].  And I had to buy a new phone.  Money being tight, I opted for one of the least expensive options.  One of the things I noticed is that I no longer get the Cha Ching.  Then sales dropped.  No Cha Chings.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply