cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 Problem - missing sales from other selling ID’s

Just received my 1099 - no surprise to get one.  But, it is only for main selling ID - the one with over $20k in sales.  My other selling id’s are definitely not included.

It is pretty obvious to me, as I took a break from selling with that ID in March, and didn’t resume for several months.  My other IDs I continued to use.  In my 1099, not only is the total way under what I’d have with all of my IDs, but those on-break months are at zero.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?  I suppose it isn’t a huge issue - I can still report that missing revenue.  But, having a 1099 is cleaner.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I've received my 1099K  for one account.    The other 2 accounts I have not received, as yet.

The 1099K I received has the actual ebay account name on it, along with my personal information.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

maybe it will come on Tuesday or this week

@powell-memorabilia 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

eBay's policy is that separate IDs will get separate 1099's.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-form-1099k?id=4794#section1

If you have multiple eBay accounts associated with the same Tax ID, your thresholds are calculated by combining all payment transactions. If your combined sales exceed the above thresholds, you'll receive a Form 1099-K for each account, even if one or more of the individual accounts do not exceed the IRS reporting thresholds.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

maybe it will come on Tuesday or this week

While I have not gotten my hard copy yet the PDF is available in my payments, taxes tab on the seller hub. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1675117697048.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

We always maintain our own records and never rely on other documents being correct. Through the years 50 of them, we have seen more incorrect documents than correct ones. We never had issues with the IRS even when audited. We do use a CPA and a Tax attorney though.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks!  Not much choice - I’ll sit tight 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Patience paid off - all 1099's received!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply