cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay API: The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing.

Am receiveing the following API error when attempting to createt an item:

Error Code: 21919303

LongMessage: The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing. Add Manufacturer Part Number to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

We've created 10s of thousands of products using this exact same request, but today it's telling me I'm missing the MPN from ItemSpecifics-- Which I'm not.

Wondering if anyone else in the programming world has also encountered this recently or if something has changed in the API spec I should be made aware of?

I see two other posts within the last 24 hours displaying similar issues in the eBay interface:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/The-item-specific-Manufacturer-Part-Number-is-...

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Listing-will-not-relist-for-a-part-number-erro...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay API: The item specific Manufacturer Part Number is missing.

eBay may have added this requirement to the category that you are using for that item.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I specifically pointed out that we ARE including the MPN in item specifics.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry, my bad. I should have read your post more closely.

Does the following "item" err out (different error)? Does the file end at that error?

My suggestion is for you to 1) include the upload jub reference number (monitoring eBay associates can look into your job file), or 2) send an email, from your registered email address, to turbodata@ebay.com. Include your userid and a description of the issue. There may still be time today, before the associates take off for the weekend,

You could also 3) call ebay and ask to speak to the advanced app team.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Appears to have been a bug with eBay's API, or a mis-configuration of newly created/migrated eBay categories. Only the categories recently created in eBay's Categories list were affected, and the following morning the errors were no longer present and the products were created without issue.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@dollybeauty thanks for those tips, if we encounter any issues like this moving forward this gives us some direction. 🙂
Message 6 of 6
latest reply