cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a new device is using your account' emails from eBay

For a few weeks I've been getting 'a new device is using your account' emails from eBay, right after I sign in.

We noticed a new sign-in on your account at ebay.com. Here are the details: Time of sign-in Sep 20, 2023 9:50 AM PST Device Unknown Approximate location XXXXXXX If this was you, there’s nothing you need to do. If it wasn’t, please change your password right away.

As far as I know, I've changed nothing in my browser's settings.

Somehow, eBay thinks I'm signing in with a new device every time. Anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I get them almost daily, If you are routinely erasing your browser cookies, or changing your network address, this will pop up every time on your first log in. I delete cookies just about daily, so I see this on the next log into eBay.

Just make sure the time matches to your log in.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Notification of new device. - The eBay Community

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Forgot to add,

you can also click your account (top left) above sign out, click sign-in and security, then click sign-in activity and look at your previous log in sessions and see if everything looks ok.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the fast responses.  I thought about that clearing the cookies/cache might be the reason, but I only do that weekly. I will check my account. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply