cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Lexus scam

fosterbarbara920@gmail.com

this is scam artist from Facebook Market Place.

Marion MA Facebook, contact says”it’s my aunt’s email her directly”

email above tried hard to get car delivered, inspect for 5 days and if you don’t like it you get your money back. 

Here is the **bleep** lead. 

Hi and sorry for my late reply,

The 2012 Acura MDX AWD is still available. It is in good condition, with no scratches, no damages, and has never been involved in any kind of accident. It has a 3.7 V6 cylinder engine (great on gas), AWD automatic transmission & only 77,432 miles. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all and I have the clean title in hand. I'm selling it at this final price of $1,500 because my husband passed away 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I also got a new job, moved back to Omaha, NE, and many other things have priority now, so this car has to go. If you are interested in buying my car, feel free to email me.

I also attached more pictures.
Best regards 
Foster Barbara

oh yes, “no shipping fees” who does this crap? 
On and on. With other responses, I continued bait this chump. I told him/her, I can fly to Nebraska, my daughter in CA. Where is the car, the eBay warehouse.
Isn’t this insane, I laughed and that person is bagged.

spread dear Barbara Foster near and wide 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

2012 Lexus scam

I got scammed $2200 by these people all the money I had saved for a car now no money or car because they kept asking for more money what do I do

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

2012 Lexus scam

You got scammed and won't get your money back. Accept the fact. Notify the site you found the posting and alert them. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

2012 Lexus scam

I almost fall in their fake story.  Same email content, different email address and name. Beware of this email address: 

At this time the name they are using is 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

2012 Lexus scam

The names and details change, so it is important to be able to recognize the basic scam itself:

Someone advertises an obviously too-good-to-be-true price on a vehicle on an online marketplace. When you contact the "seller" you are told via email that the vehicle is being sold by eBay due to one of the three "D"s -- death, divorce or deployment.

You are asked to provide your details. If you provide those details, they will be used to create a fake "invoice" that appears to be from eBay but is not, asking for payment in some untraceable form such as gift cards. The claim is that the gift cards will be held by eBay, until you have had a chance to test drive the vehicle, which will be delivered to you for free, and you can decide to keep the vehicle or return it for free after five days and get your gift cards back.

If you were selling a vehicle, would you ask to be paid in gift cards? Would you offer to deliver the vehicle anywhere in the world for free to allow anyone a chance to test drive it for free? And would you offer to allow them to return it at your expense after five days and give all their money back? Of course not; no one would do that. It makes no sense.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

2012 Lexus scam

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply