cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no refund nor ebay money back gurantee

Back in 2022, I bought a cellphone from a seller Wise One. I found the item to be defective and contacted Ebay and was sent a return prepaid slip.  I return the item to Wise One, the seller. He got the item and wrote me that he found nothing wrong with the item and accused me of scam. And he also stated that he would not give me a refund nor return the item

I contacted Ebay and my case was treated as new and was sent another return slip. Remember Wise One the seller has the item and it seems as if the item is in my possession. This was back in late 2022.

I contacted ebay for refund under its money back gurantee in 2022 and 2023. No response. Finallly late 2023 I managed to get Ebay on the phone and the agent I spoke with assured me that I am due for a refund. Up till today April 23, 2024 no refund.  I am at a loss on what to do nexx

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

After 2 years, it's to late to do anything.

You could try taking the seller to small claims court.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

eBay's Money Back Guarantee Program is for returns and refunds that occur within 30 days of receiving the item.

When the item is returned the seller is supposed to send a refund within 2 days of receiving the return. If you didn't get a refund within 3 days you should have gone back to the return request you opened and clicked Ask eBay to step in. 

If asking eBay to step in didn't get your refund.

Then you had 180 days from date of delivery to open a chargeback through PayPal, if that is how you paid.

If you didn't use PayPal, then you could  have filed a chargeback through your credit card. 

I'm afraid you ran out of time for a refund since eBay, PayPal or credit cards won't give you a refund after 2 years have passed. Sorry. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@biscuitandgravy 

Your situation is with your buyer The OPs situation is with a seller. 2 totally different scenarios.

If your buyer doesn't return the item within the time frame eBay gives them,  then return will close due to inactivity. This will take about 30 days to occur, funds on hold for that sale will be released 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

But the item has been returned..It want let me do anything.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

It's just ebay not doing there job..your case got skipped over.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@biscuitandgravy wrote:

But the item has been returned..It want let me do anything.

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Just so you know, as a seller, you aren't allowed to leave your buyers negative feedback comments. If those buyers report you, your account will be dinged for feedback violations.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I was the seller..it's ebay taking up for a seller for one time.They said they would take care of it and I wouldn't get a ding or anything.Its been almost 30 days now..I bet ebay keeps the money.it's still a case almost 30 days now.Mayeb the buyer has got there money back.They sure haven't emailed me.But it still says money on hold from the case.I don'tt no how long you have been selling..but my 24 yrs..I have seen it all.It was still better back in the early yrs of 2000 to sale on here.I could tell you something you wouldn't even believe me that happened on ebay.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I know it's not about this thread but just to you.I got the item back.

Tracking Number:

PACKAGEWASSHIPPED329 What does that mean?

When I hit refund I get this..

You can't refund the buyer for this order

You cannot issue a refund at this time because a return request is open for an item in this order.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

You have to refund within the return. If you don't the buyer can ask eBay to step in and do it for you. 
Go to your Returns find the return that is open and refund. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Did you open a not as described case back then and got your return label through it, or did the seller send you one without a case and you shipped item back on your own? It seems like you couldn't have opened a not as described case because there is no way the seller would have been able to get past refunding you.

Unfortunately any advice is moot now as it's been 2 years and there is nothing anyone can do for you. You'll just have to let it go in regards to eBay support or your bank's or PayPal's.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It want let me do this.I have even called ebay about 6 times or more.Didn't you read this.

When I hit refund I get this..

You can't refund the buyer for this order

You cannot issue a refund at this time because a return request is open for an item in this order
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Looks like you've successfully hijacked the OP's thread.  We, on these boards, encourage people to start their own topic if they're having difficulties... It goes a long way toward ending the confusion.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@olajide17 wrote:

This was back in late 2022.

I am at a loss on what to do nexx

You don't do anything.

You are two years past when you could have easily gotten your money back.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

It won't let you refund because you are not in then correct place to refund when there is an open case.

One last time.....

You have refund IN THE RETURN REQUEST!!!!!!! <<click that link

Not from then drop down menu in the order.

If you don't go into the return request and refund , eBay will do it for you and you will get a  Defect or Ding as you called it, for cases closed without a seller resolution.

Please start your own thread ....Thanks

Message 15 of 17
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: