cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay guarantee worthless

i ordered an item in us.   received it   it didnt work requested a return was approved but i had to buy return label  and instead of returning to kentucky US  the address was some province in China,, i tried but fedex and us postal didnt reliver there  so after spending all this time trying to ship back   i sent emails to seller explaining issue  and still after 4 days no response.  contacted ebay cust serv gave me a ref#  and said call back thurs and we will issue refund, i shouldnt be having to send back to china since i ordered from US.  i called ebay back today  and told i would have to wait longer.   " wait for what   they misrepresented location  and have not responded.  after 21 years  doubt ill be ordering anymore.  Mikel Alabama Computers

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: ebay guarantee worthless

Member eBay ID is listed in China since Aug. 18, 2017.

And they do have items stating shipping from Shenzhen China as well as Hebron, Kentucky.

Did you perhaps click on the wrong reason for a return? That's where a buyer pays for return shipping.

But return shipping should return to Kentucky and not China where it came from.

Others here might be able to answer that reason why.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: ebay guarantee worthless

@almicroman wrote:

i called ebay back today  and told i would have to wait longer.   

wait for what   they misrepresented location  and have not responded. 

As my buy-a-vowel pointed out, your seller's listings have an item location in either Kentucky or China. But eBay only allows a single return address to be pre-loaded, so that one address is China regardless the item location in the listing. (The seller can select or add a different address when clicking to accept the return.)

We will be seeing sage advice soon, to click ask eBay to step in. But that's not possible after a seller accepts your return, but cannot issue a prepaid return label: That option will never appear.

nenu5410_0-1712258079311.jpeg

Instead @almicroman leave a private message here for eBay, to tell eBay that you need a prepaid return label to get your refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: