cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay just robbed me

Well, I just bought something from eBay for the first time in a long on another account. I received the product (a dell motherboard), and it is broken. I left an objective review saying that the motherboard was not working, and the seller asked me if I wanted a partial refund. Of course I don't want a partial refund. I can't partially use a non-function motherboard. Then he came back minutes later and said I am harming his business with my review and I need to take it down immediately. He told me to submit a return and take down the review. Before I could even respond that I would change the review if I got a refund, my account was permanently suspended. eBay will not tell me why and they will not allow me to return the motherboard because my account is suspended. WTH I have never experienced anything like this. They just stole my money, and they are blaming me for something they won't explain.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay just robbed me

Most likely reason I can think of for your account suspension is a history of too many returns.

Also, why would you leave a neg review when the transaction wasn't over yet?

You should have opened a not-as-described case as your first move.   That gives the seller an opportunity to make it right for you.   If the seller refuses to make it right, then you could have asked ebay to step in and give you your money back.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

@johbober0 wrote:
eBay will not tell me why and they will not allow me to return the motherboard (Verified purchase) 

Go for (Verified preposition) one last hurrah @johbober0 

- and file (Verified verb) a return request here (you will pay for return shipping) 

- or file a Defective or Not as Described chargeback with your card issuer (Verified word).

Then just wait for further instructions (Verified noun) to either have to/not return, to get your refund. Don't talk to the seller again -- that appearance of haggling might be what your seller used to bamboozle your account.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

According to Ebay thats a cost of Doing Business on Their Platform Steer clear of this platform.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

Sorry but it sounds like your account was suspended for being a risk to the community. It is very hard to get booted as a buyer. 

Or your account was somehow related to another suspended account.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

Is there a reason that you didn't just open an item not as described case per the MBG?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

misread the post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

@soh.maryl wrote:

@johbober0 wrote:
He told me to submit a return and take down the review. Before I could even respond that I would change the review if I got a refund, my account was permanently suspended. 

Is there a reason that you didn't just open an item not as described case per the MBG? 

Yes @alcoforever (kudoer) there probably is a reason that OP didn't just open an item not as described case, but you'd have to read the OP, and c'mon who wants to do that?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

eBay just robbed me

leaving a scathing review (reserved or not) was not the 1st step that the buyer should have done.

The 1st thing to do is to open a "not as described". They would have been able to do that.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: