cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports cards customer states condition

I had a customer order a card and then said the card had a major flaw which is a dimple but I listed the card as excellent condition. I did not put mint or near mint. If it was very good it would have to have a crease with corner wear which it does not. Will eBay have my back and how do I go about this. It just drives me nuts that people are trying to grade cards that are listed as excellent condition and not mint. Please help I am tired of people trying to scam everyone it seems. Also he did not send a pic of what he is talking about.

IMG_1683.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are experienced here, so there's no need to tell you that, if that buyer opens an item not as described case, you  will be sending a prepaid return label and refunding in full when the card is received back by you.

Unless, of course, you want eBay to refund the buyer from your funds and allow him to keep the card. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Everyone will have varying opinions on what condition an item is. I collect books and you won't believe how many times a seller rated a book as good condition and it wasn't even fit to be sold as poor condition in my opinion. 

If the buyer opens a not as described case it seems likely that you will lose, but if they haven't maybe you can ask them if they can send a photo just so you can see what they are claiming. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Will eBay have my back and how do I go about this.

@orangeromantv 

Yes, eBay will have your back if the buyer opens a 'Not as Described' Return request and you approve it, send the buyer a return shipping label and refund in full after you receive the item back from your buyer.

But eBay will not have your back if you don't handle such a claim by yourself. That's rewarded with a seller demerit. 😑

Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Whenever Ebay or any other internet marketplace screws with the definitions of conditions, they become increasingly meaningless.

Which is why I use grading which is decades old or avoid grades and write detailed condition reports.

That flaw would have been identified in my condition statement.

Although I can remember receiving a return on another site, that copied my condition statement on to the reasons for the return, it really does not matter, when there is a dispute over condition, the seller takes the return and foots the bill.

With close to 2k sales, you should be able to eat this return.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: