cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return help (Possible scam?)

Good evening. I sold an item for $135 today and the buyer is requesting a refund 10+ hours later AFTER it was dropped off at UPS. They are willing to take a $35 loss and pay for a shipping return label. 

My listing has “No returns” set which I understand is not a foolproof method. I suggested the buyer to re-list the item to get their money back instead of taking such a big loss on a return label of roughly $15 and $35 partial refund ( I do not believe I can even do a partial since it’s a no return listing). They seem very stuck on the return with a loss. We have been discussing back and forth in messages and this seems like buyer remorse… The item is a limited edition drink ware item that has many knock offs so I believe this could be a potential bait and switch of them returning a fake item.  

Is this some type of scam? What is the recommended course of action. Seems silly to me for the buyer to take such a big loss… 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why does the buyer want to return the item? If its a remorse return, doesnt like it, doesnt fit, etc., the buyer is responsible for return shipping.He would have to open a case for you to give him a partial refund.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mountaineer987 

Can you recall the package? There maybe a charge for it, I know USPS does package intercept for $$. If you can do that you can refund the buyer.
I would also introduce the buyer to my best buddy list as well. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: