cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remorse return

For context: i have a no return policy and A buyer claimed I sold them a damaged item, they provided pictures, but clearly in the pictures I provided, the item was undamaged when it was shipped. The buyer could have dropped the part and damaged the electronic connector him/herself. will the buyer be able to get a refund despite my no return policy? I know for a fact I didn’t damage it. I really cannot afford to refund the item at all, and I shouldn’t be held liable for something I didn’t do

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Remorse return

@brendan_welch4 

Ebay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers overrides your "No returns" policy if the buyer claims the item was damaged.

You will need to approve the return request, provide a prepaid return shipping label and refund the buyer when you receive the returned item ----OR you can issue a refund without requiring the buyer return the item.

Read more here ----> https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Remorse return

If the buyer has opened a case, that overrides your no return policy.   If you ignore the case, ebay will refund the buyer and let them keep the item..  To get your item back, do as* lady* maddona* says.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Remorse return

Sorry, but the MBG overrules your No Returns.

If the buyer has filed an INAD, you'll have to refund, you have to decide if you want the item returned before you refund.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Remorse return

Take the item back.  If it is not yours and you have pictures proving wasnt yours you will still have to refund.  That being said, the next thing you do is if the package was sent back through the USPS call your local branch and ask them if they would consider it mail fraud.

A person commits mail fraud when he engages in a scheme to defraud, with intent to defraud, and uses the mails in furtherance of that scheme. A scheme to defraud means depriving someone of property by deceitful or dishonest means. The scheme need not involve an affirmative misrepresentation or lie.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Remorse return

As other posters have stated eBay's Money Back Guarantee trumps your no returns policy when the buyer opens an INAD claim. Accept the return and get your item back. With any luck you'll be able to resell the item, if not you might be able to write it off as a loss on your taxes.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Remorse return

Many people do not know at autoparts retailers get about the same percentage of returns as ladies fashion retailers.

You cannot expect a no returns policy to work, especially for pricey parts. It is a good idea to have a no returns policy, but planning to deal with returns and fraud should also be part of your plan.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: