cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INAD return

I just got a return request on a book.  Here is what the buyer claims:  It is all Black and white . You did not specify. There was a color edition. I want the color edition. Thank you.

A quote from my description:  It contains b/w illustrations.

Seriously??   

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: INAD return

It just proves what we've been saying....buyers either don't know how to read, can't comprehend what they read or don't read at all. 
It seems your buyer just bought the book to look at pictures lol. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Right?  I have free returns and I will not refund until I get that book back safe and sound.  Of course it's across the country in CA, but it's worth it.  It's a $40 book and I had multiple watchers on it.  The wrong person bought it! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Obviously they can't look at pictures either.  2 pictures of the B/W illustrations inside!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It is possible that this is not entirely the buyer's fault. eBay may have contributed to this situation.

If the buyer searched using Google, the buyer might have been lead to an eBay product page, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/p/102848800

The product page has some information about the product, and links to one seller's item listing, but unless the buyer clicks through to the original listing, the buyer may be choosing the purchase based on the generic eBay product description without ever actually seeing the seller's full description.

If the color and b/w versions share the same product code, or if the buyer did not know that there were two versions, this can lead to understandable confusion.

Not all buyers know about product pages or that they should be following the link to the seller's individual item listing before making a purchase, and eBay making those product pages look very similar to an individual item listing -- and eBay automatically linking individual listings to the product page without the seller's knowledge -- compounds the problem.

This particularly results in issues when there are variations or when the same items are available in different quantities but those variations share the same product number.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I do not list with an ISBN ever, nor do I use the generic description.  The color version is much newer than the one I listed.    I know what you're saying and it may apply in some cases, but it doesn't apply in this case.  

I had 2 returns (over the 30 days limit) that I was told to accept last year and they just fell off this month.  Of course I have to have another one, just can't be at 0 returns!  I don't like that the buyer said not as described because it is exactly as described!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

"b/w illustrations"....did you put black and white with illustrations? A lot of foreigners and the older generation do not understand what "b/w" is.

Item might have been purchased on a cell phone...no description shows up immediately...so title would have to have it.

Some buyers don't click on the description....the new cellphone & iPhone selling.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: