cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INAD return to a different address

I purchased an old camera from a Ukrainian seller. I've bought from the seller before, and while me maybe pushes the boundaries of item descriptions, I don't think seller is a complete crook.  He's got a lot of sales. 

The camera was not as described, and seller quickly accepted the INAD return.  Seller wants me to buy the return label.  (I know, seller needs to Paypal me the money first.) Seller also wants me to return to a U.S. address.  Seller provided me the address in an ebay message.  Do I need to do anything to protect myself?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: INAD return to a different address

you need to have the buyer send you the money and have them aknowledge this with a screenshot in the claim

you also need to have the return address listed in the claim

you need to use the INAD claim as a road map to let you know what to do

I would much rather ship to the USA than to Ukraine

once you have shipped it back to the USA address in the return you will be good to go for a refund

remember to do whats in the claim, not whats is in a message

messages have  nothing to do with a claim and dont mean a thing

have the seller post the return address in the claim and send it there

@kssteve 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

you need to have the buyer send you the money and have them aknowledge this with a screenshot in the claim

you also need to have the return address listed in the claim

you need to use the INAD claim as a road map to let you know what to do

I would much rather ship to the USA than to Ukraine

once you have shipped it back to the USA address in the return you will be good to go for a refund

remember to do whats in the claim, not whats is in a message

messages have  nothing to do with a claim and dont mean a thing

have the seller post the return address in the claim and send it there

@kssteve 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If the address is to a freight forwarder here in the USA, I would use UPS as the carrier and require a signature. Make sure to add the tracking number to the return case.

When USPS is used and delivering to a freight forwarder, many times the final scan reads something like, "delivered to agent for final delivery" and the eBay system has not recognized that scan as actually "delivered".

You don't get that nonsense with a UPS delivery scan.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is a forwarding service.  Thank  you for letting me know about UPS.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So I got the shipping fees Paypaled to me, I bought a shipping label, and I'm on the ebay screen where I click "mark as shipped" but it won't let me enter the tracking info because it thinks seller provided the shipping label.  The boxes are greyed out.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@kssteve wrote:

So I got the shipping fees Paypaled to me, I bought a shipping label, and I'm on the ebay screen where I click "mark as shipped"

but it won't let me enter the tracking info because it thinks seller provided the shipping label.  The boxes are greyed out. 

Hold a horse! Does the return details page @kssteve show the US return address, the freight forwarder? 

an36344_0-1691703176795.jpeg

Once it's locked like that, neither you nor the seller can upload the UPS number, eBay has to do it. You can either chat back and forth with the eBay overseas help, or leave a PRIVATE message here for eBay on Faceboot with all the details. Or if the return address is still Ukraine, ask eBay for help.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The first screen, the "You started a return screen" says "Send the item backThe seller let us know they sent you a return shipping label. If you haven't received it yet, contact the seller. Be sure to send the item back by Aug 23. If you don't, we might close your return and you may not receive a refund.Already sent it back?It's important to let the seller know the item's in the mail and when they can expect it. Just mark the item as sent."

Then it shows the seller's name and the freight forwarders address.  So I click on "Mark as Shipped." That takes me to a screen with three boxes to enter shipping information, but they are all greyed out.  I have tried the facebook message to ebay, but have not gotten a response  yet.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It's already over.  Ebay told me to send the tracking information to seller in a message.  As soon as I did, seller refunded my money.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: