cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did this happen? Why would a seller do this?

I recently bought a  camera lens listed as used.  When I received it, it was totally nonfunctional.  I initiated a INAD return, but never heard from the seller.  On the fourth day after, I was going to escalate and open a case with eBay, but I got notification from eBay with a case number that eBay that eBay had "made a decision in this case" and I could print a label and return the lens.  How did this happen when I never escalated?  Why was seller silent and just allowed to decide?  I'm glad eBay enforced their MBG, but this seems odd.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How did this happen? Why would a seller do this?

Because it was an item not as described return. If seller doesn’t respond in 3 days, eBay does the responding by automatically accepting the return for seller, provides you a return label.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Because it was an item not as described return. If seller doesn’t respond in 3 days, eBay does the responding by automatically accepting the return for seller, provides you a return label.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks.  Didn't know it was automatic if the seller doesn't respond.  Seems like an odd choice of action (or inaction) by the seller.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Some sellers think it will go away if they don't reply.  There are also some that think if they refuse the returned item they don't have to refund.  They soon find out different.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How do you know the seller didn't respond? Sounds like the seller may have just clicked "return for refund" and a return label was made available to you. I don't see anything odd about this.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It was the morning of the fourth day and the message said eBay decided.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: