cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Get My Money Back?

I bought this item off eBay and that was a mistake. The item retails for $28 only and still the seller charged me $66. Upon realising this, I put the item for return. This is an international transaction and the seller does free returns too. The shipping was also free for me. 
As a first time eBay user, I did the grave mistake of marking  the reason of return as “ordered by mistake”. 
Either way, I’m ready to return the order (it hasn’t reached me yet) when I get an email saying that the seller had opened a case

with eBay. eBay sided with the seller, ruling that I would not get a refund. 
I decide that upon receipt of the item I shall not return it since I’m not eligible for a refund but then the shipping company made a mistake. The delivery man never contacted me and just put my item back for return stating the reason that I refused to accept the item. I have tried to contact the customer service of the shipping company but I get not solid response or actions from their side. It’s been 4 days already and the item just shows “returning to warehouse”. 
What do I do if I never get my item and it just returns to the seller or keeps showing as “returning to warehouse”? What are the ways by which I could get my money back. 
(I have tried to contact the seller but man is so uncooperative and doesn’t even respond)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You made a lot of mistakes. 

1. "The item retails for $28 only and still the seller charged me $66. Upon realising this, I put the item for return.

Many items cost more to buy on the secondary market than they retail for. If a buyer wants an item, they're often willing to pay more in order to get it. If you didn't do your homework and compare prices, that's on you. 

2. "As a first time eBay user, I did the grave mistake of marking  the reason of return as “ordered by mistake”. "

That's isn't a "grave mistake." That's the honest reason for your wanting to return it. 

3. "I decide that upon receipt of the item I shall not return it since I’m not eligible for a refund but then the shipping company made a mistake. The delivery man never contacted me and just put my item back for return stating the reason that I refused to accept the item"

If you didn't accept the item when they tried to deliver it, your refusal invalidates your buyer protection. If the seller had/has a return policy, you should have accepted the delivery and returned it through the order in compliance with the seller's policy. 

4. "What do I do if I never get my item and it just returns to the seller or keeps showing as “returning to warehouse”? What are the ways by which I could get my money back."

If the item shows delivery back to the seller, you can try to ask the seller to refund your money but offer that they deduct their expenses. You need to understand that your change of mind immediately after a purchase in unfair and inconvenient for sellers and it costs them time and money.

5. "I have tried to contact the seller but man is so uncooperative and doesn’t even respond"

The seller may not be responding for a number of reasons. You tried to cancel for a remorse reason even before receiving the item. You didn't accept the delivery and the seller hasn't received it back yet. You are bugging the seller for a refund when it was your fault that the sale went south. 

Again, wait until the seller receives delivery of the item and politely request a partial refund (at least) of your payment. They are NOT obligated to issue a refund since you didn't abide by ebay policy.  

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@sahme66 wrote:

I decide that upon receipt of the item I shall not return it since I’m not eligible for a refund but then the shipping company made a mistake. The delivery man never contacted me and just put my item back for return stating the reason that I refused to accept the item.

What do I do if I never get my item and it just returns to the seller or keeps showing as “returning to warehouse”? What are the ways by which I could get my money back. 

It's simple @sahme66 if you paid with PayPal. Don't try to contact the seller again.

kako_5344_0-1711434616784.jpeg

Just file a dispute here for Refused Delivery. Unlike eBay, you'll get your refund from PayPal when you didn't get your item. But please be more careful with your purchases, as you've been having too many issues.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: