cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app is broken

Just starting in the past hour or so, the iOS eBay app logs me out of my account about 15 seconds after launching the app, and I get an error message when trying to log back in. I tried restarting the app and my phone but that didn’t help. There are no updates available for the app. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: iOS app is broken

What version of iOS are you using, and what version of the eBay app?

Make sure you actually have the latest version of the eBay app for your operating system.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/iOS-App/iOS-app-upgrade-older-versions-no-longer-supported/m-p/3070806...

Some app issues can be helped by uninstalling the eBay app, restarting your device and then installing the latest version from the App Store. The restart in between ensures a clean install.

For more detailed help with iOS app questions, try posting here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/iOS-App/bd-p/iosapp

There are actual eBay folks that read and respond to app questions there.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I’m having the same problem, trying to list a few things but not tonight! 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There is no help for older iOS, we have to just live with it! 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

For iOS 11 and earlier, you should still be able to use Chrome or Safari to reach ebay.com.

For iOS 12, you may still be able to get a version of the eBay app that works for a while longer.

For iOS 13 and above you should be able to get the latest version of the eBay app.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It’s working again today. I updated to the newest iOS; maybe that had something to do with it, or maybe it just happened to fix itself. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply