cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom feature has vanished. Can eBay please sort this out, it will throttle sales

The fabulous Zoom feature has vanished, absolutely vital to sellers & buyers of niche, collectables & jewelery, leaving us with nothing other than the as good as useless Click to Enlarge . This has been gradually removed over a period of a few months, now it is gone in its entirety, do any of those who decide this idiocy actually buy on eBay?

Can eBay please stop hoisting unnecessary nonsense upon us, such as the laughable feedback & profile page, & please concentrate on giving us what we need.

We are pleading with you, please give us back Zoom, I am already putting fabulous items aside to list on a rival (growing) luxury site, eBays money grab of 25% on seller fees for international sales has almost pushed us over the edge, but to remove Zoom is a calamity. I want to stay here, I want to list the fabulous items I have on eBay, but why when eBay shows us nothing but scorn?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Zoom feature has vanished. Can eBay please sort this out, it will throttle sales

eBay has not removed the hover/zoom feature.

Some users seem to be having issues with it for one reason or another, but the feature still exists and works for many people, just not everyone, apparently.

It is not clear if the issue is with a particular browser or browser version, a particular operating system, history, or add-on, or if the issue is account-based -- perhaps eBay is testing something and different accounts are seeing different versions of the same page.

eburtonlab_0-1686754171394.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There is an issue with touch enabled devices. Do you have a touch enabled laptop?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Zoom-feature-on-listing-images/m-p/33807893/highlight/true#M22...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, ever since ebay started it new picture-enlarge format, the zoom function has vanished. We can no longer carefully inspect items and as such will be purchasing far fewer items via ebay's platform. Geez... every now and again ebay decides that although something is not broken, they are gonna fix it; and in the process they screw things up still worse.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

looking at items today the same thing is going on. it either wont show or it is blurry

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Checked a couple of your items and it's working fine here.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think there is something funny going on with the pictures. Remember the recent reduced size first picture debacle.

Generally zoom works for me but I've noticed a few oddities. Like one ad where the first three pictures were reduced size so of course no zoom. And I've looked at the op's first dozen ads and a couple 185702057208  185389699295 are all reduced pictures, so no zoom there. It would be handy if the op could say whether that was deliberate or something has changed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Enlarge feature is still there when using the Firefox browser, today that is!!!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply