cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't the Share Community Platform Feedback board locked?

I wasted several days hoping for a reply to the topic link posted on that Board about an issue with Best Answer buttons showing up in replies being posted by people who are not the OP of a topic.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-Community-Platform/Why-is-a-quot-Best-Answer-quot-button-showing...

After all isn't that a place to report technical issues related to the Community Boards too?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay is experimenting with letting mentors select a "best answer" under certain circumstances.

Details for mentors are in a post pinned on the Community Mentor Lounge board.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay is experimenting with letting mentors select a "best answer" under certain circumstances.

Details for mentors are in a post pinned on the Community Mentor Lounge board.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@eburtonlab,

"eBay is experimenting with letting mentors select a "best answer" under certain circumstances.

Details for mentors are in a post pinned on the Community Mentor Lounge board".

Do you see what happened when I tried to reply to your post?  It automatically accepted it as Best Answer and I did only click on the Reply button.

Below is what I saw this morning when I went to REPLY to one topic. Mentor or not, only the OP of a topic should be able to decide whose answer was the best one.

mudshark61369_0-1696420658103.png

For this topic, I may have wanted to accept your post as the Best Answer, but that should be my decision and I wrote the topic.  However, when I clicked on reply from your answer it automatically accepted your post as BA for me.  

On the general boards people seeing a best answer check mark may not reply thinking the OP has accepted a Solution, when in fact they did not, and more could be written.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll rant on the Mentor board about poorly thought out and executed changes.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply