cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Email Marketing “fail to send”?

Why does this function only work half the time?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous  alan@ebay   Any help with this one?  Why did my email marketing "fail to send"?  Thanks. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

Why does this function only work half the time?

Hi @thevintagesilvershop, can you give me some more details on this situation? When did you try to send some Email Marketing? What exactly did the error message say? Did you try any troubleshooting steps when you ran into an error?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@Anonymous

there really is nothing to interact with. On my entry in email marketing, there is a status section. The first status was “approved”, the next status was “failed to send”. It offers a “retry” function, but if you try that, you get an error message that says you can’t re-send for X days because we are limited to how many email marketing messages we can send. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If I remember correctly, I set up the email on Saturday or Sunday to execute concurrent with a sale I’m running. The sales end tomorrow, so no need to fix it at this point. 

I’ve used email marketing for years. It used to work. It fails about 50% of the time during the last 3 or 4 years. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly, I set up the email on Saturday or Sunday to execute concurrent with a sale I’m running. The sales end tomorrow, so no need to fix it at this point. 

I’ve used email marketing for years. It used to work. It fails about 50% of the time during the last 3 or 4 years. 

Thanks, @thevintagesilvershop! Super appreciate the screenshot and added detail. I will look into this and see what might be going on so we can fix any issues for the future.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @thevintagesilvershop, I have an update from our tech teams on this one. It looks like when the email was set up, there were no items on sale at that time, but one of the criteria you used in creating the email was to include Only sale listings. If one of the criteria used results in zero items being found that match the criteria, the email will not sent. I've included a screenshot below highlighting the criteria that is an issue, and the preview search button you can use to ensure the criteria will result in a successful email. This can all be found in the Create Email page in the Item List section by clicking on the the blue hyperlink for Change criteria

Email_Marketing_Preview.png

Be sure to use criteria that result in items that match those criteria, and adjusting as needed. I'm not sure when you are putting your items on sale, but if the sale has not gone live at the time you send are creating your email, that may be cause of the problem. When you start a sale, it can take up to 24 hours for your listings to update with the new sales price, so sending out an email a day after you have put your items on sale might help avoid trouble. Keep me posted if you run into any other issues and I can look into this further, no problem!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply