cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIFICATION

Why are we being asked to verify so often, for us several times a day while trying to relist and share?  And what happened to sales and views? Anybody with answers?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: VERIFICATION

Why are we being asked to verify so often......

@mksports03 

What sort of verification are you asked to perform?  Is it a simple "I am not a robot" type captcha or do you have to enter a code sent to your cell?  

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Morning,  it happens when we are trying to share a post, you then have to back off the page and start over to get the verification up again, not that hard but frustrating that we have to do it several times a day.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@mksports03 

Again,  WHAT KIND OF VERIFICATION are you encountering?  

Are you using a VPN? 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

It is the I am not a robot capture.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Taking a shot in the dark.  My internet provider recently made changes to their service.  For about a week after i had to click I am not a robot on everything I did.  Eventually it went away.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

This is happening to me starting as well. When I go back to look at an item immediately after entering, it will show the item photos but as you scroll down after item specifics there is a constant verify yourself (by verifying a castle picture) in the spot where the description should be. It does not matter what browser I use, I use 2 (Windows, Firefox). It does not matter if you sign off or in again or use another piece of equipment (phone tablet) on my end. I have been listing this morning and this just started between 9am and now (9:38). I do not know if it affecting anyone else but it is a bummer glitch I guess.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

This is happening to me too.  I either have to select sports stadiums or castles.  I get to the check mark to verify that I am a human, but it never lets me get past that point.  It is happening on all listing I look at except my own.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

So, ANY item I click on where my item description would be on a listed item now has the rechapta (?) on for verification. So when I try to verify, it just accepts it and then DOES NOTHING, I am just stuck. It does not allow you to move forward, it stays on the screen. It does not bring up new pictures or remove itself from the screen to then show me the item description from the listing. I tried changing browsers and equipment but now I am kind of stuck because I believe it is not verifying me. I don't want to start a new post so hoping someone else can tell us what to do. Best regards. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I'm constantly getting the captcha just to go to my storefront or pretty much anything.

Now as of this morning, I'm getting this in the description field too! It's gotten so ridiculous and slows my work down. Using Brave Browser.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

me too, same verification on my newly listed items. when i select the correct images on verification nothing happens. here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 7.48.36 AM.png

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

This is infuriating. No wonder sales are dead. I went through the whole lousy capcha process and I was still unable to see the description of the item I was trying to view. Thanks for wasting my time ebay. I'm sure potential buyers looking at my sale items are encountering the same thing. Unless this is just a bug I am done here. 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I just tried Edge and Chrome and any time you look at any of my listings as well you see this and cannot move forward as it will not verify and get off the page. I am also imagining every potential seller is seeing this, getting frustrated and moving off to somewhere else. 🤔☹️

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

and my browser safari is up to date..

not only is this occurring with my newly listed items but with items that are automatically being relisted

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I went in to look at one of your items and yes, I am seeing it so I assume that any potential customers are getting stuck and probably don't know what to do. I can't verify myself on your item. (A comb set).

Message 15 of 26
latest reply