cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The eBay Social Media Schedule Ahead Is Not Working

For over a week now my scheduled posts through the eBay Social Media Schedule Ahead program is not working. In another thread one eBay seller reported that theirs are being delayed by as much as 7 hours. I've waited 2 days for some to post and it didn't happen.  We can post them manually through the eBay Social Media feature but we can't sit on our PC's for 12 hour stints. 

Please resolve this as our business sales have almost tanked without the scheduler. 

We have loved this feature and really appreciate eBay offering it to us. 

Thank you for efforts on our behalf! 

Kim - gr8prices1

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

devon@ebay 

I am the "one seller" the OP @gr8prices1  is referring to with scheduled social posts that finally posted 7- 8 hours past the scheduled time for posting. The OP's scheduled social posts are sitting in the queue for 2 plus days without posting to their social media pages. 

Here is the thread where the OP and I discussed the issue yesterday: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-happened-to-the-eBay-Social-Media-scheduling-ahead-tool/m... 

Can you get this in front of the team responsible for the Marketing>Social tools?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

devon@ebay 

I am the "one seller" the OP @gr8prices1  is referring to with scheduled social posts that finally posted 7- 8 hours past the scheduled time for posting. The OP's scheduled social posts are sitting in the queue for 2 plus days without posting to their social media pages. 

Here is the thread where the OP and I discussed the issue yesterday: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-happened-to-the-eBay-Social-Media-scheduling-ahead-tool/m... 

Can you get this in front of the team responsible for the Marketing>Social tools?

Hey @mcdougle4248! I will be sure to get this over to the correct team and if they need additional information I will be sure to reach back out.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thank you, Devon! 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Any update for us when this will be resolved? I am seeing lag times between 11 hrs to more than 24hrs. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

devon@ebay 

I did not have any scheduled posts over the weekend, however, I have auto-posting enabled. None of my new listings have made it to my social media pages since Friday's new listings were posted on Saturday, 23 hours after the items were listed. I am now looking at way over 24 hours of lag time for new listings from Saturday.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Yeah, it's not being fixed yet. I have decided to schedule every day and assume it will be for the next day. It takes a bit of time but eventually it will all even out. I hope. 

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

Yeah, that is what I am doing, too.  It is not so good for my auctions, but I can make it work. Hopefully, eBay will be able to get the extended lag times shortened in the future.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@mcdougle4248  this is really starting to remind me of another conversation from years ago - remember when there were similar lag issues with scheduling mark down sales?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Promotion-Manager-Markdown-Sale-Delays-Fo... 

At the time a then-eBay staff member (now anonymous) had indicated one reason there may be delays with markdown sales is that because the price was changing, that could trigger a review of the listing for policy violations, prohibited items or other security concerns and that review could delay the start time.

Ultimately, there were also technical issues involved in that markdown debacle, and it wouldn't surprise me if what you all are seeing now with Social posting is also a technical issue or servers being bogged down, but going back and reading that old post made me wonder if there might not also be some behind the scenes review process that could be slowing things down too.

If so, that would seem to completely negate the entire point of scheduling, like several pointed out about markdowns as well, but it would be helpful if eBay disclosed that so sellers could plan ahead or at least make peace with the fact that they shouldn't rely too much on being able to actually schedule posting for a specific time.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Oh yes, I remember the markdown debacle! That was soooo frustrating. This issue pales in comparison, IMHO.

Of course, there is no way to know if eBay reviews our listings before posting to our social media pages unless they tell us, and that has not happened yet. I tend to lean more toward a technical or server issue causing the extended lag times. I have not tried the scheduled posting in quite a few days, however, the auto-post feature is dreadfully slow. My new listings from Saturday morning are just now starting to appear on my social pages.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

@valueaddedresource 

I have a new development.

15 minutes ago the final auto-post from Saturday was posted to Facebook and Pinterest.  So I go to my social page to schedule a few listings and find that my account "has lost its connection". When I try to re-link my Facebook page, it will not re-link.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 145158.pngScreenshot 2024-02-13 151640.png

@gr8prices1 Have you also lost your Facebook connection?

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I have actually unlinked and relinked my social media accounts to see if it would change and it didn't. It has been more than 24 hours before posting again but it eventually goes.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

I am glad that your posts are going up. It is too bad the lag time issue has not been resolved yet.

I lost my connection to FB several days ago and still cannot relink. eBay has opened a tech ticket, so hopefully, I will be able to relink my FB account soon.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

We just lost our connection to FB this last weekend and I am about to give up on this being resolved. It was a free services so I can't complain really. 

How did you get them to open a tech ticket? 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply