cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Requirements Not Met!

I have been an ebay seller for 25+ years on my original account and 14 years with this account.  I was getting ready to send listings to auction this morning and got the following error message:sellerreq.jpg

This is crazy!  Am a TRS with no problems.  Am in Managed Payments since December. I searched the discussion boards and found a few sellers complaining about this back in mid-January but no further discussion or resolution.  Anyone else see this?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

I have been an ebay seller for 25+ years on my original account and 14 years with this account.  I was getting ready to send listings to auction this morning and got the following error message:sellerreq.jpg

This is crazy!  Am a TRS with no problems.  Am in Managed Payments since December. I searched the discussion boards and found a few sellers complaining about this back in mid-January but no further discussion or resolution.  Anyone else see this?

What does it say when you click on "review the requirements"?

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

same with me and after you click on review, I see

ebay selling page after error message.jpg

this page..

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

@hummingbirdman wrote:

this page..

That does not look right.  Let's see if we can get some clarification.

brian@ebay  please take a look at the OP and this screenshot.  This doesn't look right to me.  If there are requirements needed to update the account shouldn't those requirements be called out specifically?

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@hummingbirdman wrote:

this page..

That does not look right.  Let's see if we can get some clarification.

brian@ebay  please take a look at the OP and this screenshot.  This doesn't look right to me.  If there are requirements needed to update the account shouldn't those requirements be called out specifically?

@mcdougle4248 @hummingbirdman @thevintagesilvershop this error can occur with bulk relist/seller similar. It's a known issue that our tech team is working to resolve. If you find that this error keeps coming up then you'll want to try listing the items individually. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Its still not working right as of today 2/6, and who wants to relist singly especially if you have alot to do!! Its already been 17 days since I first reported it to ebay and they are totally ignoring me now and wont respond!

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I have been having the same problem since 2/1.  I called and got the generic “we’re aware of the problem”.  

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Got this reply today from askebay on Twitter:

Thanks, Jack for sending this over to us. I'm sorry you're still facing this issue and can imagine you're eager to get this resolved. As of yet, we've not had any update regarding this issue. Your account has been reported to our tech team a few weeks ago by my colleague, and they are actively working on a resolving this. Thank you for your patience and understanding ~ Victoria

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

I have been having this issue, also. You don't meet the seller requirements, but there is not a clue as to what you should change! Reported it on January 13. Long call to eBay, said it is a known glitch, they are working on it but instead, do them one by one (140 unsold, NO THANKS!) then was placed on hold and disconnected.I did relist ONE item and it did not show up as for sale for an hour after I did it. Wasn't going to waste my time and take a chance....or try to call eBay back again after they lost my call. They had my number! They USED it.....they could have called back. They have done it before when they have dropped the call!!!!!!!

The next day, I received a message from eBay "regarding our request to call you"...saying they did not have a correct phone number. That is funny, since THEY DID CALL ME! At the ONLY NUMBER I have used for the past 15 years!!!! And it is on my account! So what gives!? I was so **bleep** that I did not even bother to call back. I switched over to managed payments in November and did not realize it might cause trouble. Maybe having PayPal as the payment option is the issue. But short of changing those individually, I can't even correct it. So it's no help!!!! After selling here for 18 years, it is probably time to give up. So many glitches and headaches and seller issues.

Bought something, seller said was size 14, was a SMALL. Opened return, sent back the same day, item was tracking slow due to USPS. Seller had an old address on file and it was returned to sender! ME! So I got the item back, eBay meanwhile closed the return and released the seller funds.... Had to work hard to get it reversed. Dang it, eBay, at least do some checking before assuming!!!!!!!!!! Don't close a return with the returned item tracking!!

I will continue to sell on Poshmark despite their excessive fees and shipping costs. At least I can post things and forget about them and still sell! I deleted a bunch of languishing items hoping to relist them after Christmas, then this happened! Their customer service is WAY better. If an item takes a month to get delivered, both seller and buyer get refunded, without question. It's really nice.

eBay better step up their game. The searches are clogged with "sponsored items" and you almost can't find anything anymore from private sellers. It is getting nearly impossible to buy and sell here due the inability to search non-sponsored items only. I'd actually pay for that feature!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

I called Jan 13.....I have 140 unsold. In the past, they have wiped out some of my unsold posts. I am not sure why, they were not old. Had to redo them all and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

eBay, come ON

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Since January 13, I have had this problem. Get tech to figure it out, email the sellers who reported it the solution, and move on with life. A MONTH or more is long enough to sort this out!

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

UPDATE YOUR AUTOMATIC PAYMENT METHOD

WHEN EBAY MANAGED PAYMENTS BEGAN, THEY STARTED DEDUCTING FEES FROM YOUR PROFITS. SOMEHOW, CREDIT CARD INFO TO PAY YOUR BILL AUTOMATICALLY WAS ELIMINATED. I JUST REALIZED THERE WAS NOTHING THERE WHEN SEARCHING THROUGH MY ACCOUNT TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT IF THERE WAS MISSING INFO. WHEN I SAW THERE WAS NOTHING THERE, I ADDED MY CREDIT CARD INFO BACK AND BOOM, IT WORKS AGAIN!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

FIXED IT!!!!!!

UPDATE YOUR AUTOMATIC PAYMENT METHOD

WHEN EBAY MANAGED PAYMENTS BEGAN, THEY STARTED DEDUCTING FEES FROM YOUR PROFITS. SOMEHOW, CREDIT CARD INFO TO PAY YOUR BILL AUTOMATICALLY WAS ELIMINATED. I JUST REALIZED THERE WAS NOTHING THERE WHEN SEARCHING THROUGH MY ACCOUNT TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT IF THERE WAS MISSING INFO. WHEN I SAW THERE WAS NOTHING THERE, I ADDED MY CREDIT CARD INFO BACK AND BOOM, IT WORKS AGAIN!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Same with me. 

I don't have a credit card on file.  MP asked for a bank account and I gave them my checking account.  This is **bleep**.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Still NO fix and its February 11th

Message 15 of 37
latest reply