cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Issue: Acceptance Of Customer's Counter Offer Does Not End Listing & Move To Awaiting Payment

For the past three days I have been unable to accept customer's counter offers - both on the eBay mobile app (Android) and the computer desktop.

I am assuming you will be able to follow the digital trail as long as you have the item number. Two of the three item numbers are - 266579809389 and 266432187595.

I can open the offer and accept the offer...then...nothing. I then check the awaiting payment - no sold item. I then check the active listing for the item...yes, it is still active. 

What is the estimated time to have this fixed?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Seller Issue: Acceptance Of Customer's Counter Offer Does Not End Listing & Move To Awaiting

There's nothing to fix, they are changing how offers are done.

From what I understand, the listing stays active until someone pays for it.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Seller Issue: Acceptance Of Customer's Counter Offer Does Not End Listing & Move To Awaiting

For one customer who purchased multiple items, the item was not in the cart and was not in awaiting payment. How can that work?

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

After I saw your message I did some more research and you are correct. I am still hoping I have misunderstood something concerning this change.

As seller who is concerned about customer service and who sells specific niches, I find this change disappointing.  I work with customers to curate items specifically for their collection and they often buy multiple items in one order. And, I'm sure eBay's management did not intend to charge it's sellers the $0.30 transaction fee each time that a customer is now inconvenienced by having to pay multiple times instead of being able to hold items in the cart until they have finished shopping and then allowing sellers to combine shipping. 

The question should be how do we make this a better platform for our customer AND our sellers. If we ask this question concerning this change I wonder if there is a positive answer...I guess time will tell.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't recall ever being able to add an accepted offer to a cart (as the buyer)

can we do it as a seller?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hello,

As a seller of collectibles, I personally do not require immediate payment although I understand why many sellers do. So as long as there had been an offer or counter offer accepted, that item would be in my awaiting payment and I would be able to send one combined invoice. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Gotcha...thanks for the clarification......

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've called customer support multiple times and I keep getting told it's a known issue and they're working to fix it, but some are saying this is the new normal.  I've lost multiple sales in the last week.  I accept the counter offer, and then nothing.  I've started contacting the "winner"  and sometimes that helps if they got an email, but one person said they got nothing.  They are not being alerted the offer was accepted.  It's a disaster in my opinion.  Ebay has to be losing so much money with this!  Is the answer when I send out an offer to not allow counters? It's the counter offers that seems to be broken.  A straight up offer from a buyer seems to work, but if I send out offers and they counter and I accept - that's a lost sale.  It just disappears.   Today the ebay agent suggested I contact the buyer, then end the listing, then make another listing.... Seriously?  They have to fix this. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply