cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in "Manage active listings" does not work properly any more

There have been some changes in the search in the seller "manage active listings" page. 
Until a while ago (abouut 10-15 days iirc) we could use the _very_ useful logic operator "-" to get results exlcuding the ones with the chosen string in the title.
I'll explain with an example: we have 53,000+ listings of single magic cards that have the same name but are from different sets or have different characteristics. We used to be able to look, for example, for "thoughtseize -foil" and we had as a result all the cards name thoughtseize which are NOT foil.
We could even combine more of this search options "thoughtseize -foil -sld" used to wield a result for cards named thoughtseize but which did NOT have "foil" and "sld" in the title.  
It is not working this way any more: https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?catType=storeCategories&q_field1=title&q_value1=thoughtseize%20-f...

This logic operator still works for customers instead (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=homer.dm&store...)

There are also some changes in the way words are treated as strings of characters with or without the ' symbol (apostrophe ). There are instances in which for example the card "Smorzare l'assalto" can be found only as a whole string and not (as before) both when searching "smorzare assalto" and when searching "l'assalto". Instead if you search "Thassa's intervention" or "Thassa intervention" you correctly get the same results". In italian "l'assalto" is composed of two words, so the search should work both ways.
Note that this issue also does not happen when going in the store as a customer (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=homer.dm&store...)

Is this a bug or are you changing the way it works? If so, why? It is very very useful to have those search option available with many active listings, please fix it as soon as possible 🙂

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Search in "Manage active listings" does not work properly any more

Can anyone from tech support give an explanation please?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Also searching by UPC is no longer working which was extremely helpful? Now we have to search by name which from reading the above seller sometimes doesnt always work. Is this problem being looked into by Tech Support I wrote numerous times but no reply? Does anyone know how to search by UPC in the Active Listings? Thank you any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

kyle@ebay or anyone from within can share some info on this? will it be fixed?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@homer.dm wrote:

kyle@ebay or anyone from within can share some info on this? will it be fixed?

Hey @homer.dm it does appear that we have an alert open for issues with searching within your active listings, and I believe your issue is related to it.  ALERT15110.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks kyle@ebay !

Actually I read that but the issue described is very vague, so I was not sure if it was referred to some specific user who could not find his listings or to what I (and many others sellers who use boolean research) am experiencing.
I also hoped that more detailed description of the issue could help.
I will eagerly wait for a fix, hoping that is intended to happen!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

kyle@ebay sorry to dig this up again, but the alert5110 is posted as resolved altough things are not working as before, specifically the issue with boolean research and all the other listed in my original post. Everything still working fine if you search as a customer, as I said, so that remains weird, and I cannot understand why those useful features are not working anymore.

Can you please check or open another alert which is more speficically related to this request?
Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@homer.dm wrote:

kyle@ebay sorry to dig this up again, but the alert5110 is posted as resolved altough things are not working as before, specifically the issue with boolean research and all the other listed in my original post. Everything still working fine if you search as a customer, as I said, so that remains weird, and I cannot understand why those useful features are not working anymore.

Can you please check or open another alert which is more speficically related to this request?
Thanks!

Hey @homer.dm thanks for checking in.  I see that as well.  I'll pass along this info to the proper teams again.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply